Issues when Adding a PlayOn Channel
(2016-02-09, 22:05)nolos Wrote:
(2016-02-09, 21:02)Lunatixz Wrote: @nolos i'm at a loss to your behavior, I don't understand why you insist on receiving one on one help from me? It's not enough I spend my free time coding and trying my best to help where I can... You also want me to constantly repeat myself regarding every repeat question?

You take my silence and simple replys as snarky and being a prick... but in truth. I will not repeat myself. Some due diligence is required by the user when using this software.

I've tried to keep all relevant information to a few places, FAQ, Readme and the changelog!

You can't honestly tell me you read all three and completely missed the answer to your question!

Users who try, read and learn get the most help from me, the ones that DEMAND attention are ignored!

Listen man, I'm dumb with programming. And most of us in here are dumb with programming. You've got a lot of add-ons in here and most of them are widely used and if you are churning out these large programs just on your free time then you are some kind of prodigy. But your programs do some complex stuff unlike some of the other addons. I wish I could figure it out on my own but, again, i'm dumb with this stuff. So I read through the docs online. Maybe i'm dumb at reading to but it's very confusing to someone who is coming in from fresh and hasn't grown with this product.

I haven't fact checked this but PTVL is probably one of the most complex scripts currently available on Kodi, It features 1000x the lines of code the average plugin uses.

Because of this, things can break... or more times than not unique code interactions cause issues, "UNIQUE hard to reproduce problems".

Any user familiar with development should understand I code using notepad ++ there is no IDE for Kodi scripts. I also have the challenge that Kodi is widely used on a large variety of hardware, platforms and python builds. I am a team of one, working for free, trying my hardest to provide you with quality, free software!

It's not possible for me to answer every user, If you are using this software, you are a beta tester... you will encounter bugs and things will not work! If you want to help follow the guidelines available via the bug forum. General discussion and community participation may help resolve some of your issues, but please do not wait for a direct reply from me.

I've spent far too much of my time battling users who do not understand... they install, encounter a problem then demand I stop everything and help. If I see a unique post, I will try my best to answer the question... otherwise you should search for your answer.

(2016-02-09, 22:05)nolos Wrote: There's no wiki, no readme, or anything.

The main thread for PseudoTV Live has links to all the information needed, including a wiki... It's all in post 1, so how can you tell me there is no wiki or readme? it's in post 1 the very first post a user should read before installing...

All a user has to do to use PTVL is install it through my repository, and run it! If you have media locally channels will be autotuned (created for you).

If you want to use the in-app manager to add your own channels... do so, constructive feedback on how to improve the interface is always welcome.

But I will not tolerate abusive behavior... repeat questions and the lack of due diligence.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2016-02-09, 21:46)jmrwbilly Wrote:
(2016-02-09, 21:19)nolos Wrote:
(2016-02-09, 20:50)wyild1 Wrote: I think hes talking about this part of the FAQ:

Channels change on their own?

PTVL has two internal timers used to predict when a channel fails to play. By Default they are setup with liberal timeout values... But some users may require tweaking. Settings can be adjusted under "Debugging":
If PTVL detects a failed playback, it will try to close any open dialogs ie "Playback Failed", Force Stop playback if the link is hanging. Finally it will trigger the last user action ie. Channel UP/Down/Last Channel.
Wait for Playback (seconds) - How long between a given time (2-4 seconds) should PTVL check if a show is playing.
Force Playback timeout (seconds) - How long should PTVL wait for playback to start.

Thanks Wyild1, I did see that but it's not a case of failed playback I don't think. My 1st 14 channels are OTA from my antenna. PTVL loads, and after waiting a bit I can see those channels in the guide and I am tuned to the first channel. Then out of nowhere, it attempts to change me to one of my live playon channels. I can see the "Loading" across the screen (That's what the channels looks like from the provider while its loading or buffering). After that it does something weird like flashes away from the channel then repeats over and over. I don't know if it's moving to the next channel and doing the same thing or if it's just repeating the same channel over and over but I can't get out. Can't pull up the guide, can't exit PTVL. I end up having to task manager out of Kodi. Sometimes I get in PTVL and everything seems ok and I click on a Playon channel from the guide and it loads. Then im stuck again. Can't change channels, can't exit anything, and have to task manager out. It's got to be something with these playon channels. not sure what though. Also, even if I do get it working, I don't see anywhere in the guide on how to add the channels correctly I guess. Most of these playon channels have the current shows episode in the title. If you add it as a channel it plays until that episode is over then when a different show comes on the channel doesn't work anymore. Did you see anywhere in there on how to add wildcards or something like that? Anyway,thanks for the try.

I had the issue of when PTVL loads it would tune to the initial channel, once playing could not pull up the guide, change channels, exit PTVL, etc.... Narrowed down to a issue with kodi skin.. For whatever reason last couple version of the addon doesn't play nice with some skins anymore. I had the issue when using the chroma skin.. Switched to aeon mq, everything worked, went back to chroma, issue comes back ..

My playon issue seems to be cured in the latest 0.7.3a version.. however I do randomly get Kodi crashing trying to manually update from Lun's Repository.. so did take a few tries to update... Have you updated PTVL to latest?

I was using the Rapier skin for a while and I know, from reading in the form, that there was a few issues with it for a while but it looked like they were address and fixed. Anyhow, I have been using the default skin just to rule it out. Good thinking though.
(2016-02-09, 22:32)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2016-02-09, 22:05)nolos Wrote: There's no wiki, no readme, or anything.

The main thread for PseudoTV Live has links to all the information needed, including a wiki... It's all in post 1, so how can you tell me there is no wiki or readme? it's in post 1 the very first post a user should read before installing...

All a user has to do to use PTVL is install it through my repository, and run it! If you have media locally channels will be autotuned (created for you).

If you want to use the in-app manager to add your own channels... do so, constructive feedback on how to improve the interface is always welcome.

But I will not tolerate abusive behavior... repeat questions and the lack of due diligence.

In the first post, there is a link to the wiki (see picture 1) If you follow it then it takes you to a github link with a pretty empty wiki (see Picture 2). There is a "tutorials" page that gives the in-depth instructions of download it,install it, click autotune. Also, would you mind pointing to the spot in the FAQ page that refers to the fix for my issue? I'm sure it's there since you said so but I don't see it. Thanks in advance.

https://goo.gl/photos/bXABn3x3oqqZhBKe7

https://goo.gl/photos/cKiNMdbUFCbQV85u7

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues when Adding a PlayOn Channel0