[videoplayer] Why video render in the same thread with UI?
Video and UI rendered in Render () in Application.cpp. Video will freeze a while when operate UI. Why video render in the same thread with UI? Is it possible to render video in one seperate thread?

If video render in same thread with UI, I have patch to reduce the video freeze duration. My use case is 1080p display. Several big texture shouldn't be freed when video playback. Do you guys need it?
Hi Kevin,

we're about to clean up all that mess. AFAIK it was done the way it currently is because it was required on the good old XBOX (one 60fps game loop), where this project originates from. While porting it to other platforms, the core architecture hand't been changed that much and that's the why it still is how it is. But we're about to untangle all that mess now.

We're ofc glad for any suggestion or improvement that can be done, so feel free to either create a pull request with your proposed change or post a link to the related commit in your git repository so that our devs can have a look and discuss the issue/solution with you. Thanks.
Hey! There is a VideoPlayer development Subforum. This is probably interesting for you: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=240870
(2016-01-29, 09:18)kevinsong Wrote: Do you guys need it?

Please submit on github for review.

A rendering context is bound to a thread. That means at least final drawing has to be done by a single thread. In general this is no issue. The problem is that the gui also uses this thread for texture loading which could be done by a separate thread that shared the context.
Yes. The final drawing will be done by a single thread. My current workaround is cache big texture when video playback. The good solution is use another thread for texture loading and heavy loading GUI process. Is there already has those patches?
(2016-02-01, 04:05)kevinsong Wrote: Is there already has those patches?

Please rephrase this question.
I want patches to fix the issue. Do you have patches to fix the issue? Or I should wait until you merged those fix? When can I got those fix?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[videoplayer] Why video render in the same thread with UI?0