Always play same channel on different clients.
Star 
Hi

Can I force my clients to all play the same channel?

I have at setup with 3 raspberry pi 2's running kodi. The first (living room) have a dvb turner and also works as a backend. The other two is just working as clients (kitchen and sleeping room).
The setup work so I can watch tv on all the clients independently, but if I watch channel 1 in the livingroom, and channel two in the kitchen (on the same mux) it works, but if i changes to channel 3 (different mux) in the kitchen the stream in the livingroom freezes.

I know that its how it is, and that I just could by more tv tuners.
But actually I just need to be able to watch the same channel on all the clients, so if i change to channel 3 in the kitchen, the livingroom woud also change to channel 3.

Is there simply a stream of the current channel from tvheadend?

I hope my question makes sense Smile
What you're looking for doesn't really exist at the moment. You could probably script it using the tvheadend and Kodi APIs, but it could get complicated really quickly.
I reported a feature request to be able to grey out channels who are not available as no free mux is available. I also think it is very hard to explain to other people that not all channels are available as i am recording.

Maybe it would also fix your problem.

258384 (thread)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Always play same channel on different clients.0