A definitive answer needed.
Hello,

I am working to replace my Media Center with a RPI2 running some variant of Kodi (OSMC/Openelec/etc)

What is the definitive version of Kodi that will play 3D Bluray rips (done with MakeMKV)

I know I can get HSBS, HTHB working on Jarvis
I know I can get Full Frame / Frame packing to work on Krypton

I have read (and I see the options in Jarvis, but damned if I can make them work)

Can someone give me a definitive answer as to what version of Kodi (or a Specific version of OSM/Openelec/etc) that is able to play Full Frame Packed (MVC) 3D. (NOT HSBS, etc) I have read so many posts, threads, websites, forums, that all have conflicting information.

Thanks! I am trying to get this wrapped up in the next two weeks since the wife is away visiting her folks, which means I can work without interruption, and hopefully get this all working so I can get the WAF stamp when she is back.

Its a Raspberry Pi2 B+ with the VC-1/MPEG2 license

Thanks!
Isengard (and later) builds support full resolution 3D (MVC with framepacking in mkv) if they were built from my backports tree.
Both OpenELEC and OSMC have this support.

You need to enable "Support MVC video (full frame 3D)" and "Use Full HD HDMI modes for 3D", as well as "Adjust display refresh rate to match video".

3D ISO is only supported in nightly Milhouse builds.
Thanks popcornmix!

I appreciate a concise answer!
(2016-01-30, 17:00)popcornmix Wrote: Isengard (and later) builds support full resolution 3D (MVC with framepacking in mkv) if they were built from my backports tree.
Both OpenELEC and OSMC have this support.

You need to enable "Support MVC video (full frame 3D)" and "Use Full HD HDMI modes for 3D", as well as "Adjust display refresh rate to match video".

3D ISO is only supported in nightly Milhouse builds.

Not sure what I am doing wrong, but I just put a clean SD in, with OSMC:

OSMC 2015.12-4
Kodi 15.2 (Nov 22, 2015)

I checked all the options listed above, and I can do SBS/TB, etc, and they work (Trip my TV and tell me to put on my glasses). If I do a MVC, they just play as 2D, I can't force it in.

If I put in my other card that has Krypton on it, the MVC's work perfectly. (I use MakeKMV, put in my disc, and deselect eveything but the main movie, and then just toggle the audio/MVC layer, and let it do its thing.)

Going to try a Jarvis build (Kodi 16)
Have you named the file suitably? http://kodi.wiki/view/3D#Video_filenames_flags
You need something like .3D.SBS. in the filename (don't worry it will still play full resolution if enabled).

Or you can bring up video OSD and set the 3D mode of the file explicitly, then stop and play again and it should trigger 3D.
(2016-01-30, 21:20)popcornmix Wrote: Have you named the file suitably? http://kodi.wiki/view/3D#Video_filenames_flags
You need something like .3D.SBS. in the filename (don't worry it will still play full resolution if enabled).

Or you can bring up video OSD and set the 3D mode of the file explicitly, then stop and play again and it should trigger 3D.

Yes I did... I made them .bluray.3d.sbs.mkv I tried to bring up the OSD, and selected 3D and that didn't do anything either. I just did the OSMC update to Jarvis (16.0-RC2) and everything just "Worked" (I made NO changes).

Not sure if it is something on my end, or how I ripped the movies, or just one of those "Murphy" things. (Damn Murphy and his Laws!)

Again, Thanks a lot for your help Popcornmix! I appreciate your input and suggestions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A definitive answer needed.0