Win Subtitle download "bug" Jarvis RC1 and 2 (solved)
As in Isengard I use autosubs to download subtitles. It is all working but the only thing that is different now is the download location of the subtitle.

It will be downloaded to "C:\Users\computername\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\service.subtitles​.opensubtitles\temp" and the subtitle is called "f3a430ad-53da-4adb-992c-c323a7b65eb0.srt"
Why is the subtitle not downloaded and renamed like the vide file as it does in Isengard 15.2?

Running Jarvis RC2 now.

addon bug or Kodi bug?

Kodi log

Thanks
Can't confirm this, I just downloaded an .srt file and it dumped it into the movie folder as the name of the .srt

Jarvis RC2 Win7/64 T! 10

Looking over the debug log, this may have something to do with the default language. Nope, just changed the default language to Dutch and it grabbed the Dutch .srt fine and set it beside the video.

15:51:24 T:9436DEBUG: CGUIDialogSubtitles::OnDownloadComplete - Saved subtitle C:\Users\Alex\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\service.subtitles.opensubtitles\temp\f3a430ad-53da-4adb-992c-c323a7b65eb0.srt to special://temp/stream.nl.srt

Should be saving the file to temp to /stream.nl.srt in your debug.

My thoughts would be to check first the settings>video>subtitles>storage location location 'next to video'
then the add-on sub settings, clear their cache.
I have done all this and more. I have deleted all subtitle addons and userdata. Reinstalled them. Deleted the guisettings.xml and set all settings for subtitles again.Storage is next to video. Played an episode and still the subtitle will not be downloaded to the video folder.
There will be a .srt file generated in the subtitle addon temp folder and there is a stream.nl.srt in the Kodi cache folder. that file is constantly overwritten by new downloaded subtitles.

I don't know what else to try or delete.
Solved.
There was an Emby setting wrong. Play stream instead of SMB was enabled. After disabling that all goes well now.

Thanks.
Might be a good idea to change the title of this thread from 'bug' to 'solved'.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitle download "bug" Jarvis RC1 and 2 (solved)0