I have a large archive of Recorded TV whats my best setup?
I have been recording a ton of TV off of a Ceton 4 tuner for about 18 months now
the archive has grown to over 15000 files of which about 1500 are movies
the rest are TV shows that are sorted in their own folders probably about 300 shows

I tried this plugin once before and I had a few Streaming plugins enabled
It caused a lot of channels and made the guide unuseable

I would like to recreate about 25 Networks that play my archived TV Shows
and 10 networks that play different categories of movies Action Westerns...

I probably will also enable a couple streaming plugins like FoxNews
But I would be happy to not have those plugins in my lineup if necessary
to reduce chaos.

So I would like to layout about 35 to maybe 50 networks that have themes
Cartoons, Dramas, Comedy shows and then some for movie categories

Is there a way to define this easily and a way to update it easy?

thanks
I'd go with PseudoTV Lite if you only want the functionality of turning your local files into channels.

Just make a load of smart playlists for your content and add them in.
Lite was depreciated. Live has many improvements.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Yep, Lite was depreciated a long time ago... PTVL can automatically configure itself for optimal performance....
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I still use Lite because it loads so much quicker than when I last tried Live and that was without any online streams.

I'll try Live again if you say it's improved in that time.
ok ... so I installed Kodi
then I added my Netgear NAS under videos and I can browse to files and play them

Then I installed PTVL

then went into settings and I really don't think I changed anything

then I launched PTVL
and It autoconfig'd some YouTube Sources but it didn't see the videos on the NAS

So I went back into setup and I set the radio button for redo the channels on next startup
and nothing.

It also didn't see anything from the FoxNews plugin..

I am still working on it the Netgear readynas is running SMB Shares and I can view them in Kodi
I don't think i have any dnla stuff setup .. but I am not even sure what that is.. but i can watch the files in Kodi.

So I got that far .. so far
Went through the dumbass setup and looking at some youtube videos on it

Edit...
I am kinda getting it to work if I go into videos>files .. right click on a folder of videos and export to ptvl it populates kinda but it puts each folder which is a show on its own channel.

Guess I will probably have to do that manual xml file editor program thing if i can figure that out.. not sure

this is taking a long time to get working.. no offense .. but it is.. hours and hours .. just being honest because feedback is important .. I think if this wasn't important to me I would have definitely given up.. and I can see that a lot of people would have already..

really this plugin should be a primary part of kodi and it should have a team that works on setup and interface because as an end user this feature is what really makes Kodi.. its the front end...

anyway guess i will spend a couple more hours trying with this thing...

also i removed the youtube channels by editing them.. i am pretty sure the db needs refreshing because the channels once removed are still locked out from reassignment and i have autotuned a couple times since.

would be great if I could browse to a folder export to a channel...
export a group of shows to a channel
define times of day i wanted shows to play within each channel if there is more than one show

I am guessing that might require defining channel folders and putting shows into the folders
but on my nas i have them in /recorded tv/showname/showname-01x12-episodetitle.mp4

/Recorded TV/Hogan's Heroes/Hogan's Heroes - 1x22 - The Pizza Parlor.mp4

its difficult to resort them on the nas because a lot of them are recording new episodes

anyway

i will work on it for a while and maybe read another howto .. but any pointers from anyone who is using a setup like mine would be helpful

thanks
Ok so I tried for a while trying to get the videos on my smb share to work as channels

what happens is I go in to create a channel and only the first channel is showing
the videos play but the guide listing page is just page after page of only the first channel

Now there are a lot of videos in that folder but not that many and its strange the way its all duplicated.

I hope I am doing this right but it seems i am not

I create a directory channel by including one tv show directory that has a bunch of show videos in it
http://i.imgur.com/iWQ3aRo.jpg

I make a few of these channels
http://i.imgur.com/zvuTN4s.jpg

the result in the guide
http://i.imgur.com/2zNRhp6.jpg

but really I need to make it so there are a few shows playing on these channels not just one show per channel..
heh i can't even get it to make one channel per show.. it only makes the first channel then repeats it Sad

Not sure

but the video plays so i have access to the files

if I drop out to kodi
go into videos
go to files

browse all the directories then all the files play when i click them
well i found that after I let a scraper go through my video files
then ran AutoTune again

channels were formed in the Guide

Nowhere had I seen that you need to not just add your drive to kodi
but you also have to scrape your videos.

Personally I don't like scraping movie and tv databases because that is basically giving them the filenames of everything on my server .. it may be safe .. it may not.. but the thing is now that service knows everything in my archive and anyone with that information is not going to throw it away or only keep it in their temp cache.. they are going to archive it with my IP.

But everything I have is legal..

anyway I am getting some better results

not perfect .. lot of shows couldn't be scraped and some of the shows were scraped wrong
but
i guess............

there really should be a better way..

and that DB Editor / Manager needs to be fixed so it works

but thats me complaining.. and I do so realizing.. i didn't put in the time to write any of this code.
Thumbs Down 
can some one tell me step by step how to fix error unable to create application. exitng plz
So i am still messing around with this plugin ..
I started it up last night and just let it go through the folders on my nas

I ended up with 115 stations and the last two were recent movies and tv shows

I have recorded a lot of tv shows (about 400 series) and movies (about 2000) off of my tv tuner over a few years time but I don't have the tuner set up to run live in Kodi.

When I look at the stations a lot of shows are playing back to back the same tv show which is not good.

Also a lot of the channels are ones I never recorded from or ever heard of so things are not in the places I would look for them.

The plugin really lags a lot too I don't know why that would be because its on my desktop i5 but maybe some background process are running.

My main question right now is

Is there a way that I can consolidate some of these shows on a smaller number of channels
and then schedule them to play at different times of the day and week?

What is the method that this plugin uses to do this automatically and can i configure this.

Making a few hundred channels manually is not something I can reasonably do It will take forever

Also I need to replicate this on my Android TV Boxes that will be much slower than my desktop.

If anyone can help with this I would really appreciate it

I am probably doing something wrong but as far as i can get now it just seems like it is teasing me.. It looks nice but it is not really usable because I have a large archive of shows. I guess if I had about 50 series it would be fine.

As a matter of fact I think I am going to test that now.. I have a USB backup drive with about 50 series on it and a bunch of the best movies.. I think I will do a reset and see what I get but I know I need some help with this.
This is an old guide for pseudo tv but you can find many information there that will help you with pseudo live tvSmile

https://s3.amazonaws.com/github/download...System.pdf

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I have a large archive of Recorded TV whats my best setup?0