Information Scanners
I have noticed recently when scanning my video library that the scanner will use the file name of a tv show to retrieve meta data first. If no match is found it will use the folder name to scan the meta data. In the past I was certain Kodi always used the folder name to scan meta data. This is not the case anymore. Is there a way in advancedsettings.xml or anywhere else in the settings to disable info matching from file name and only use folder name.

Examples

IMAX.S03E01.Blue.Planet.1990\imax.blue.planet.1990.avi --this episode will not scan into the library

IMAX.S03E01.Blue.Planet.1990\i-bp.avi --this will scan properly into the library as S03E01

I could go on and on with examples.
My thoughts are that it partially matches with the file name (but can't find an episode to match) and then does not default back to using the folder name.

Settings Info that may help
I have support browsing into archives checked as my entire collection is in rar archives.
Episodes are always in their own folders - standard hierarchy IMAX\Season.01\IMAX.S01E05.Genesis\i-gen.avi
advancedsettings.xml is holding some added tvshow matching regex's
Using Kodi Isengard 15.2 openelec rpi2 build

My question is :

Can the settings be altered to allow me to match solely by folder name for tv shows?

Thanks
I have fixed this problem by using a common custom regexp for tvshowmatching and added the prepend action to it in my advanced settings. The regexp I suppose scans via folder name. None the less this is solved.

Regexp in case it may help someone else in the future.
<tvshowmatching action="prepend">
<regexp>[\._ \-][Ss]([0-9]+)[\.\-]?[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)</regexp>
<regexp>[\._ \-]([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)</regexp>
<regexp>[\._ \-]p(?:ar)?t[._ -]()([ivxlcdm]+)([\._ \-][^\\/]*)</regexp>
<regexp>(?:ep?|p?ar?t)[\._ \-]?(\D+)[^\d]</regexp>
<regexp>[\._ \-]p(?:ar)?t[._ -]?()([0-9]+)([\._ \-][^\\/]*)</regexp>
<regexp>[\._ \-]([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])([\._ \-][^\\/]*)</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>

Cheers!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Information Scanners0