How to Take Screenshot via SSH?
My Google-Fu is failing me. What is the command to take a screenshot via SSH? The most up to date information I've found said to use:

Code:
kodi-send --action="TakeScreenshot"

This results in the following entry being returned in BASH/Terminal:

Code:
Sending action: TakeScreenshot

My screenshots folder (accessed via SMB) is empty. I've confirmed the screenshots folder path under Settings -> System -> Debugging -> Screenshot folder -> set to /storage/screenshots. Is a log file necessary for help?
Yes, debug log (wiki) from boot, and trying the screenshot.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Debug Log doesn't show anything obvious to me. I checked the time when I entered the screenshot command and couldn't find the relevant timestamp in the log. SSH works as I can browse directories, copy the log, reboot the Pi, etc.

That debug log wiki would be much more useful if it also showed how to post the kodi.log file entirely using SSH. Using add-ons or the GUI file view is a major pain for how I have my home screen set up.

For any *nix novices that stumble across this post in the future (a.k.a. me):
  1. Turn on debugging in the GUI via Settings -> System -> Debugging -> Enable debugging
  2. SSH into the Pi by opening terminal and typing: ssh root@<Raspberry IP Address> and next enter your password
  3. Reboot by typing: reboot
  4. Wait for processor load to drop, do action that causes bug
  5. SSH back into Pi
  6. Copy the hidden logfile into the SMB accessible logfiles folder by typing: cp ./.kodi/temp/kodi.log /storage/logfiles
  7. Open the kodi.log by accessing /storage/logfiles via SMB
  8. Manually copy & paste to pastebin.com and post URL to forum thread
(2016-02-01, 01:48)ZwartePiet Wrote: That debug log wiki would be much more useful if it also showed how to post the kodi.log file entirely using SSH.

In OpenELEC:
Code:
cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log | paste
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@ZwartePiet: Have you ticked "Allow remote control by programs on this system" in Settings > Services > Remote control? You need this enabled to be able to use kodi-send - if this item is not enabled, kodi-send will give the impression of working, but will do nothing.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-02-01, 04:23)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-02-01, 01:48)ZwartePiet Wrote: That debug log wiki would be much more useful if it also showed how to post the kodi.log file entirely using SSH.

In OpenELEC:
Code:
cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log | paste

Blush

(2016-02-01, 04:46)Milhouse Wrote: @ZwartePiet: Have you ticked "Allow remote control by programs on this system" in Settings > Services > Remote control? You need this enabled to be able to use kodi-send - if this item is not enabled, kodi-send will give the impression of working, but will do nothing.

That did it! Thanks.
Does the video calibration feature of Kodi reduce the resolution of the GUI / video stream? I noticed that screenshots have the GUI letterboxed within a 1920x1080 frame. Is the ideal practice to adjust overscan through the TV's settings?

The ideal solution is to turn overscan off on the tv.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to Take Screenshot via SSH?0