Win turn off audio narrator on Live TV & recordings
Hi

My apologies if this has been solved somewhere else!

I have an HTPC which was Windows 7 but (stupidly) upgraded to Windows 10 and have no end of problems since! Alongside Windows, I have MediaPortal Server as a backend, a quad satellite tuner card and a NAS with other media.

Since my upgrade, I had problems with the video stuttering and after many long hours of research this I resolved it by installing the Kodi RC2 with DSPlayer, MadVR & LAV filters. Since then I have not had an problems with video stutter (was only Live TV and recordings). However I have developed a NEW problem ... that is almost as annoying ... I get the narrator stream of the audio on BBC & ITV etc. I think the answer lies with the default language setting in the audio stream, but I am unable to identify where and how. The LAV filters seem a bit too complex so are largely set to their defaults. However I have been through the menus and set everything I can find to 'English' or 'eng'.

Nothing seems to work though. Also, when watching the channel, the audio setting doesn't seem to have the required stream accessible to me to use.

Is this something to do with stereo upmix or something else simple?

Any help very gratefully received! Wink
Hi I had the same issue, although I’m not sure I’ve properly fixed it! I’m still testing,

This is what i do:

In live TV, enter the OSD and goto the audio setting icon, with in there you should be able to select and change the audio stream, I’ve found that the "audio narrator" feed is usually the 1st in the list and the 2nd feed tends to be the "normal" audio feed... choose this and then select "make default for all videos" (or something similar - I’m doing this off the top of my head so my description may not be 100% correct)...

This i believe fixes it, although it does comeback every time I upgrade Kodi, hence why I’m not sure if this actually does fix it, as not all channels/programmes broadcast 2 audio streams all the time. I cant find any other setting to globally turn this on/off
Hi AshG, many thanks for this. I have actually tried your fix, but for some reason the option for choosing the feed is not available to change?! (I can see it listed but the option is not active!)

I have thought it might be the Titan skin as Confluence did not seem to give me as many errors. In fact ... perhaps I should go back to confluence to change it before reinstalling Titan ...?

I'll report back ...
Hmmm i dont think all programmes have 2 feeds, i presume you dont get audio description all the time? have you tried doing it when you hear the audio description?
Unfortunately ... yes!
Still no success ... Confluence also does not have that option available!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
turn off audio narrator on Live TV & recordings0