I'm looking for a new Android media player
What's better the 812 or 905 with the most up to date os?
s905 runs 5.1.1 android Lollipop, and is the current gen amlogic soc, s812 is the previous generation from amlogic, s812 will give you more stability as s905 is still really new to the scene.. s812 boxes will not do 4k 60hz and will not do 10bit 4K hevc decoding, s905 will, which is better is subjective to what you need it to do for you.

what are your requirements in a media player?
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2016-02-04, 04:05)dukester Wrote: s905 runs 5.1.1 android Lollipop, and is the current gen amlogic soc, s812 is the previous generation from amlogic, s812 will give you more stability as s905 is still really new to the scene.. s812 boxes will not do 4k 60hz and will not do 10bit 4K hevc decoding, s905 will, which is better is subjective to what you need it to do for you.

what are your requirements in a media player?

4k is not a big deal as of now. Smooth operating with android and kodi. I'm not looking to spend hundreds of dollars on something but also don't want to get a piece of crap.
Find yourself a Nexus player, smooth updated Android cheap and works good, I own one myself.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
http://m.geekbuying.com/ItemDescription/356045
I was looking at this one.
(2016-02-04, 03:46)scotty p Wrote: I never saw kodi on the aftv but the prime part is not my thing. Is there any issues with aftv running kodi?

No issues with Kodi at all. It is all it does for me, Kodi. Not a prime member at all. The only setback you have to sideload Kodi, plenty of info out there, from installation to usage.

Added:
It was mentioned earlier, this link will provide you just about all your answers and should be able to make a decision from there based on your requirements.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252916
AFTV (non-rooted + Kodi)
WD My Book Live NAS
Seems the nexus player is outta stock in a lot of places except for best buy.
(2016-02-04, 04:42)shabuboy Wrote:
(2016-02-04, 03:46)scotty p Wrote: I never saw kodi on the aftv but the prime part is not my thing. Is there any issues with aftv running kodi?

No issues with Kodi at all. It is all it does for me, Kodi. Not a prime member at all. The only setback you have to sideload Kodi, plenty of info out there, from installation to usage.

I used to have a firestick so I'm familiar with the sideloading process. Can you install the "kodi" shortcut or have to use firestarter?
All of the above, can do the Llama/Kodi shortcut or firestarter.

I have it on the home screen caused I added it back when Amazon used to have Kodi in its store.

Read the Wikis, http://kodi.wiki/view/Amazon_Fire_TV

But I agree with others, even when AFTV is more than fine, Wetek, Shield or Google player are great options.
AFTV (non-rooted + Kodi)
WD My Book Live NAS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I'm looking for a new Android media player0