Add sorting methods to files section?
That's again PatK for that. I'll read up on it.
(2016-02-07, 04:40)WarthogCC Wrote: I'm sorry for that but I can't change who I am.
I'm sorry too.

There. We agree.
(2016-02-07, 04:04)WarthogCC Wrote: That you very much PatK, very informative (and very funny). I will try your suggestion with the addon, and also have a second look into how difficult playlists actually are. I could be wrong, I will admit. But I've never known playlists to automatically update themselves. I'll try it out if I get frustrated enough. LOL.

In Kodi there are 2 types of playlists, the static type you already sound familiar with and then there's SmartPlaylists which are dynamic. SmartPlaylists consist of rules which act as filters on your content, therefore each time the SmartPlaylist is entered those rules (filters) are newly applied to you content. So SmartPlaylists dynamically update to include any new content the meets the specified rules, hence why we call them Smart.
Something for you to read since you don't come across in understanding what SmartPlaylists could do for you http://kodi.wiki/view/Smart_playlists
(2016-02-07, 04:44)WarthogCC Wrote: The word "sorry" is not an apology?
There is no apology. Using 'sorry' in a sentence does not an apology make.
Example:
'Sorry I ever bothered replying.'

If I was to say I was a little pissed off by your attitude it would be an understatement.
Read the last paragraph of post #3 again and ask yourself if it's insulting.
haha Troggy great read and a developer who cant work out how a playlist works, hmmmmm btw im sorry too (Loads shotgun).

I only say this as Troggy is very helpful if you want him to kiss your ass as he replies well your out of luck.
Thanks jjd. You guys are zen. I appreciate it.

Derek, I didn't say I couldn't work out how playlists work. I simply did not know SmartPlaylists exist until now. Can you really blame me for that? I didn't want Trogggy to KMA as you say. I was just responding as anyone would to his cocky attitude. It was not very nice. The greatest teachers have a pleasant manner so that the student will be more willing to listen and learn. Geez. How hard is that to understand?
He's not here to teach you though he's here of his own free will; im sure if you pay him he will nicer to you.

You must know if you want help on a community forum don't bite the hand that feeds you, but i have no more to say on the matter other than wiki/wiki/wiki <- now thats a teacher.

Peace out

Dek
(2016-02-08, 03:44)WarthogCC Wrote: Thanks jjd. You guys are zen. I appreciate it.

Another alternative is Custom_nodes (wiki) which are very similar to SmartPlaylists in that they are a means of filtering content by rules, the difference is you can fully customise the Library structure displayed with nodes. However at the moment the creation & editing of nodes isn't as integrated as SmartPlaylists so it's best to experiment with SmartPlaylists first then look into converting these into Custom Nodes.
Never looked at Custom_nodes but will now i do enjoy playing with new things i havent explored (In Kodi that is :> )
For custom nodes, there's further information and some examples at http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=257378
Going back to the OP question, using either Smartplaylists or custom Video nodes with a path rule should do what you want as I think trogggy has already pointed out.
Thanks for all the help guys. But Derek if you don't mind, I would like to finalize my point and close this thread.

Not like I'm trying to "feed the fire" or anything. But if I have to PAY someone to be nice to me, why would I want to talk to that person (or take advice from them) in the first place? Whether it be on forums or actual face-to-face.

These are basic human social skills. You know. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" and so on. I am nice to everyone by default, unless they give me a reason to be a jerk in return. The majority of society around the world applies these rules automatically without thinking about it. Those that do not, well....

Those that say "If you don't like the way I'm helping, you can stick it", when the attitude was unjustified, or they sometimes say something like "God Bless" or "You mad bro?" only AFTER they've intimidated you and tested your moral beliefs, making it look like you're the bad one. If they actually get off on doing that to people, and if the only "friends" they have are on the internet because of that, I would say a little self-reflection is in order.

Wouldn't you agree?

[shaking my head at the thought of downfall of the human species, and social habits being reduced to cell phones and the internet, where people can cop an attitude whenever they feel like it without fear of retribution. Caveman-style. Sad.]

Good day to you all.
I'm happy to agree that one of us has been more than a bit weird - and a complete cock - in this thread.
People can decide who that is if they bother to read it.
We are now way beyond a nice ending to this thread and i didnt suggest you pay him i was referring in general that he dosent work for you so dont expect that level of respect/communication when someone goes out of their way to help you when they could be doing something more productive like staring at a blank wall; actually Yawn im bored of this; end of thread for me and troggy is a super helpful guy so take what you will from this but i personally wouldn't flame a helpful individual.

If you want me to re post this as if im talking to a child on the edge of bursting into tears let me know and ill accommodate; if for nothing else the fun of it but please dont reply it'd make my day.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add sorting methods to files section?0