• 7(current)
Jarvis RC Choppy UI, Full Screen Window Only Fix
I had the exact same issue, as well as a single horizontal line of tearing during video playback and found several threads on this, and was pulling my hair out trying to track down the cause - swapping cables, bypassing switch boxes, updating drivers, updating windows, fresh installs. I even found when selecting true fullscreen, not windowed - it was changing the resolution of my TV from 1920 x 1080 to 1600 x 1200, which I thought was truly odd.

In the end, I found I was using a setting in my advancedsettings file called "<fullscreen>true</fullscreen>" and with that removed - everything went back to normal....able to use true fullscreen - even selecting windowed mode and back again didn't change my TV's resolution, and there is now 0 screen tearing.

Just throwing this out there as a possible solution...can't promise it'll fix these symptoms for others.
its often the simple things that get us!
no true fullscreen settings in my advancedsettings.xml
leia nightly / nvidia shield / win 10 64-bit | 16gb ddr4 | intel i7-7700k | titan x pascal
16.1 RC same problem persists.
leia nightly / nvidia shield / win 10 64-bit | 16gb ddr4 | intel i7-7700k | titan x pascal
I have the same CPU and GPU, and I can see that choppy UI too when using True Fullscreen & Vsync ON

You can try that in 16.1 RC1.
Set True Fullscreen ON + Vertical blank sync to "Disabled" or "Enabled during video playback" and see if it makes a difference. It clearly does here.
forgt the drivers as they have been updated but try the nvidia ctrl pnl settings.

I also have same CPU/GPU

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...ght=nvidia
disabling vsync doesn't sound like a preferable workaround either but both glad and sorry to hear I'm not the only one with the same hardware/problem

nvidia control panel vsync setting is set to let software decide
(2016-02-28, 23:41)Mungo Wrote: I had the exact same issue, as well as a single horizontal line of tearing during video playback and found several threads on this, and was pulling my hair out trying to track down the cause - swapping cables, bypassing switch boxes, updating drivers, updating windows, fresh installs. I even found when selecting true fullscreen, not windowed - it was changing the resolution of my TV from 1920 x 1080 to 1600 x 1200, which I thought was truly odd.

In the end, I found I was using a setting in my advancedsettings file called "<fullscreen>true</fullscreen>" and with that removed - everything went back to normal....able to use true fullscreen - even selecting windowed mode and back again didn't change my TV's resolution, and there is now 0 screen tearing.

Just throwing this out there as a possible solution...can't promise it'll fix these symptoms for others.

I've got the same problem and have had to go back to 15.2 because of the single line of screen tear.
Also had a black screen problem when starting and rhe occasional 'ERROR : exception caught on main loop exiting'

Never really had major kodi bugs before but seems the jump to dx11 has left some serious unresolved issues.

I'm hoping they will get fixed or 15.2 will have to be my last version.
Sweet Jesus I am proud to say it looks as though 16.1 RC2 has finally fixed the true full screen issue!

Thanks team Kodi Big Grin
Well I am a silent and long time reader and big fan of kodi what a wonderful joy and happiness when experiencing fun through kodi its been an amazing entertainment. With no offense to any one specially the developers who developed this masterpiece, I was really surprised to note the introduction of directX 11 feature after v14.2, it was the point where things got changed suddenly for average users of koid like me who had no deep insight into technicalities of kodi and its code rather we were those people around the world who was provided immense power of entertainment for free having low specification PCs. I have been facing problem of stuttering and videos being choppy right after the v14.2 whether it was Isengard 15.2 or Jarvis 16.1 stable and Krypton 17 beta 2 but having said that I thank you all.
Yesterday I was update to Krypton, and I have the same bug. ( Any recommendations? Please, somebody help me to solve this problem.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jarvis RC Choppy UI, Full Screen Window Only Fix0