v16 Blank screen after a few hours
Debug logs: http://xbmclogs.com/pndwuvizf

Kodi Version: Jarvis RC2
Windows Version: Windows 10
Architechture: 64-bit
RAM: 8gb

Issue started when I moved to Kodi 16 - Jarvis RC1, no issues with Kodi 15. I've tried Kodi 16 RC2 and it is still there. I leave my HTPC running and turn everything else off. After coming back a few hours later, I turn every thing back on and the screen remains blank. I know I can still navigate and Kodi is running because I can hear the navigation sounds. I have to Ctrl-Esc to get back to the Windows taskbar and close Kodi from there. There are no screen savers running and power saving is off. Any ideas?
Sounds like a HDMI handshake issue to me.
You can easily test this. If you pull out the HDMI cable and re-insert it, does the picture return?
Use MonInfo to extract the EDID of the tv and install the driver moninfo creates. The pc will think the TV is always connected and powered up. There is also the pin 19 HDMI trick, it prevents the pc from receiving hotplug events from the TV.
I don't think it's an HDMI issue. Everything was working fine with Kodi 15. Also, I can do either a Ctrl+Esc, Alt+Esc and Alt+Tab to get back to the desktop just fine. If I Alt-Tab to go back to Kodi 16, that is still running, the screen remains black/blank. It hasn't locked up because I can still hear the navigation sounds.
You are probably right, I read your initial post too fast.
Weird issue indeed. I read another post with a similar issue that seemed to be resolved changing the 'use full screen window' option instead of true full screen.
Might not be a workable solution for you,but it might help pin down the cause
I have this exact same issue. My PC is connected to a Yamaha Soundbar (AVR) via HDMI, which then in turn connect to the TV. If I don't close Kodi down when I have stopped watching I get the blank screen problem. I cant tell if Kodi is still working as I don't enable GUI sounds however CTRL + ALT + DEL will bring up task manager and then if I crash Kodi out and restart it works fine.

Going to try the Full screen window setting and see if that fixes it
I tried this and Kodi no longer seems to go blank, however I now have HDMI audio handshake issues. Going to look at the EDID fixes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Blank screen after a few hours0