v16 Not blocking Windows screen saver
I am playing video in fullscreen mode ( not the windowed fullscreen mode option ), and while video is playing; my windows power saving settings turn the screen off after 10 minutes. I was having this problem in Kodi14, so I upgraded to 16rc2 and it has the same problem. Apps like VLC block the power saving during playback as would be expected.

using: Kodi 16-rc2, Windows 10x64. The app is focused during the playback.

I saw people talking about this from 2 year old posts, but there was no solution that I could find
really am I the only person with this problem? Does kodi block the windows power saving settings for everyone else?
Yes, you are alone. Do you have advancedsettings.xml?
Strange one i dont get this problem and never have under any build.
(2016-02-05, 21:50)afedchin Wrote: Yes, you are alone. Do you have advancedsettings.xml?

I do not have one, is there a setting I should put in there?

oh and I just tried using Kodi from scratch without my previous settings/data and it still has the same issue. I had hoped it was a compatibility issue but apparently not.
(2016-02-05, 23:40)Derek Wrote: Strange one i dont get this problem and never have under any build.

yeah it's strange... I remember it working fine years ago when I was actively using XMBC, but I started using it again on this fresh new computer/windows installation, and now it's jacked :/ very weird... Netflix app, netflix in-browser, local media players.. they all seem to block the power saving settings just fine, but not kodi
maybe set debug mode on in kodi and post a log but im unsure its a kodi problem to be honest, very strange - what the PC spec as a matter of interest video card mainly.

Ive never seen so many video problems since Jarvis altho your saying it happened in previous builds.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Not blocking Windows screen saver0