downloaded and replaced cpluff.dll

any help would be greatly appreciated

Debug Log
Paste Bin
**** resolved
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2223220

Quote:RussellSpear Offline

2016-01-23 19:14 Post: #165
Okay, the problem is solved. Get rid of you current Kodi installation and download the version you want to use.
Do NOT run the setup file. Instead, use 7-zip to extract it to a folder "Kodi-15.2-Insengard" for example.
In that directory you will find a sub directory called $Temp.
Do the following 4 steps (not sure all 4 are needed but do them anyway)
run as administrator the dxsetup
then run as administrator and check "repair" the follow three vc executables 2008, 2010, and 2013.
Kodi will run right from there, but I closed it, and moved the directory to c:\program files (x86) and renamed it kodi.
It is running right now.
I am guessing it is was a vc problem caused by installing a third party app, but I don't know for sure. I do know this fixed it.
OMGGG life saver! This worked!! The only thing that has worked have been at this for hours!

I didn't do the first step (dxsetup) because I don't know what that is, but I repaired the three files mentioned above and Kodi opened no problem

Thanks RussellSpear!!
(2016-09-30, 23:23)Moully Wrote: I didn't do the first step (dxsetup) because I don't know what that is, but I repaired the three files mentioned above and Kodi opened no problem

Thanks RussellSpear!!
For your information, DirectX is a set of low-level Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) that provides Windows programs with high-performance hardware-accelerated multimedia support. So, dxsetup is a set up executable that installes Microsoft DirectX.

But it's likely that running dxdiag will identify if there are any DirectX issues, no need to reinstall as first step.

Pity there is no Visual C++ Redistributable package test routine comparable to dxdiag that would help resolve VC issues Sad
I'm a XBMC novice :)
(2016-09-30, 23:59)skylarking Wrote:
(2016-09-30, 23:23)Moully Wrote: I didn't do the first step (dxsetup) because I don't know what that is, but I repaired the three files mentioned above and Kodi opened no problem

Thanks RussellSpear!!
For your information, DirectX is a set of low-level Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) that provides Windows programs with high-performance hardware-accelerated multimedia support. So, dxsetup is a set up executable that installes Microsoft DirectX.

But it's likely that running dxdiag will identify if there are any DirectX issues, no need to reinstall as first step.

Pity there is no Visual C++ Redistributable package test routine comparable to dxdiag that would help resolve VC issues Sad

AFAIK, Dxsetup is no longer needed since Kodi 16 now runs on DX11 api. But Win Vista probably needs to have MS updates to ensure DX is updated. Win 7 and up should be OK, but doesn't hurt to make sure you've updated (and I think starting this month (Oct) MS is rolling all patches/upgrades into a single cumulative package for install, rather than individual KBs).

Also note that Kodi 17 is built for windows using VC++ 2015 so it (or you) will need to install the 2015 VC runtimes. Kodi 16 (or earlier) will still run even if the 2015 package is installed.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Not Profiles.xml" ERROR: Unable to create application. Exiting0