Home Widgets Tags Removal
Cheers guys,
Was wondering if there is a way to have the Home Widgets of this wonderful skin without the tag/title overlayed at the bottom of the widget poster? It takes up like 1/3 of the item and ruins the beautiful layout that Marcel have created...is it an option I'm missing in skin settings or do we have to edit something in the skin files? (if Marcel gives permission of course).
Thanks.
Why did you create another thread for this as you've already asked it in the other/main thread ?
I did not yet have time to reply ;-)

The skin has some logical conditions to determine if there should be a tag displayed.
For example on landscape widgets, if there is an actual landscape image (with the logo in it) the tag is not needed. If there is another image without the logo such as fanart or episode thumb, it will display the tag. Same applies to poster oriented widgets (and view layouts). If there is an actual poster image, no tags, else show the tag.

Well, in most of the cases this works fine except for some addons as I have heard from a number of reports including you.

What I can do about it is to add 2 additional options:

1) A global setting to disable all tags
2) An individual setting to enable/disable it at a per-widget level
(2016-02-02, 21:00)marcelveldt Wrote: Why did you create another thread for this as you've already asked it in the other/main thread ?
I did not yet have time to reply ;-)

The skin has some logical conditions to determine if there should be a tag displayed.
For example on landscape widgets, if there is an actual landscape image (with the logo in it) the tag is not needed. If there is another image without the logo such as fanart or episode thumb, it will display the tag. Same applies to poster oriented widgets (and view layouts). If there is an actual poster image, no tags, else show the tag.

Well, in most of the cases this works fine except for some addons as I have heard from a number of reports including you.

What I can do about it is to add 2 additional options:

1) A global setting to disable all tags

First off, I'm very sorry about my duplicate post...just thought I posted the first one in the wrong place...my bad my friend.Sad
I think your option number 2 would be the best one as it will accommodate every type of widget and also every taste that the users might have.
You're really one of the helpful and understanding developers.
Again, I am very sorry for the duplicate post.
Is it OK if I delete the other one and keep this one as it is only focused on the issue? whatever you see best.
Thanks a lot Marcel.
No problem, you can leave the other post. I've replied it with a link to this one ;-)
(2016-02-02, 21:00)marcelveldt Wrote: 1) A global setting to disable all tags

I actually made this very request yesterday, personally I don't want any tags at all but an option at a per-widget level would probably be your best bet to satisfy everyone.
I am currently creating it this way:

1. A global setting "Display tags on widgets"
--- automatically (default)
--- disable globally
--- set per widget

2. If 3th global option selected you can override the setting on per-widget level:
--- automatically (default)
--- disable
--- enable
This sounds just about the perfect solution....user selects "set per widget"...then for every widget user selects the option he wishes for that widget "automatically or disable or enable". Am I getting it right ?
I think that "automatically" in number 2 isn't needed as it would be redundant because user would be choosing either "automatically" from number 1 (or disable globally from 1) or "set per widget" from 1+"enable/disable" from 2.
Cheers Marcel for your genius Smile
Yes that;s indeed how it would work. And automatically in option 1 or 2 means that the skin will decide to show the tags or not based on the content
Thanks Marcel, will be waiting for this to be implemented.
May I ask if this option would be a change in the skin itself or the SkinHelper Service ? Just out of curiosity to understand !
In the skin
Hi Marcel, just tried the new files you adjusted to have Tags Removal an option like you said and it works great !!
Thanks a lot.
I downloaded the specific files from your github repo and pasted them to the skin folder and everything works. I just noticed that there are files on github that are not in my skin folder.like includesskinsettings, includesOSD,etc...they are all includes files that i see they are a division of 1 older file into 2 new ones.
What used to be SkinSettings is now SkinSettings and IncludesSkinSettings. Right?
I'm keeping all files in the skin directory and it works.
Thanks again for your work and efforts Smile
This is not supported what you are doing. Use beta or stable. I will not support the git version. Why dont you just switch to beta?
Sorry, I thought the git version was the latest adjustments you make and could be used.
The Kodi repo didn't show any updates past 3.6.16, that's why I did what I did.
I can try the beta but last time i tried it (couple of weeks ago) a lot wasn't working so I stayed with the stable 3.6.16
(2016-02-06, 14:17)accacc5 Wrote: Sorry, I thought the git version was the latest adjustments you make and could be used.
The Kodi repo didn't show any updates past 3.6.16, that's why I did what I did.
I can try the beta but last time i tried it (couple of weeks ago) a lot wasn't working so I stayed with the stable 3.6.16

No, Git is my working space. I checkin incompleted stuff so it will be impossible to support users with a build that contains errors or unfinished stuff. For example you replaced only a few files from Git into the stable version meaning you will have some parts of the beta inside the stable. That will be a mess ;-)

In order for me to track the versions, use stable versions or test stuff in the beta.
You can install the beta side-by-side with the stable so you can test some fixes or beta in the beta first (and give me feedback) before it's pushed to the stable version.

Anyway, the current beta is pretty stable atm, only a few fixes left so I will publish a new stable version at Monday or Tuesday
I apologize again Marcel for using your personal work-space, and thanks for understanding Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Home Widgets Tags Removal0