Help required for my M8 box
Hi guys, newbie here. My dad got me M8 box for days away at uni - its been working but today its been playing up where it reboots itself. I tried googling firmware updates etc and tried one I found on some site, but now the M8 box wont switch on?
No blue light appears.
What do I do?
Is there a way of getting stick unrooted firmware on to the device?
Please help Sad

Thanks
Jess
No blue light usually is at the bottom of the circuit, it can mean anything from a dead power-supply to a shorted internal circuit. The blue light comes on, the second you plugin in this puppy prior to even the bootstrap loader, so I doubt any software is going to cure this.

Time to look at the warranty.
sounds like you just bricked it, blue light flashes for a millisecond and thats it i bet? its possible that you can fix it with a usb a to a cable and amlogic usb burn tool, but its imperative that you flash the correct files for that PCB and not just a random file labeled m8(what got you in this in the first place) your best bet is to read about unbricking amlogic m8 device on google and be very sure on what you are doing before proceeding .
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
oops not good, will check up on un bricking it.
Where can I find the official m8 files?
(2016-02-02, 23:49)Jessica91 Wrote: oops not good, will check up on un bricking it.
Where can I find the official m8 files?

freaktab.com

but make sure you have the right files, there are many different m8 boxes.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
Thanks for the tip. Will have a look, or send it back to my dad Smile guess some things should be left to men aha

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help required for my M8 box0