Almost Have It
I'm at the final part of trying to play videos from Kodi to my TV.

I'm running Windows 10 on a desktop PC with Wi-Fi. In a different room I have a dumb panel TV with a smart Wi-Fi disk player connected to the TV. The smart Wi-Fi disk player can access and play avi and mp4 files stored in a directory on my PC.

- I've successfully installed Kodi,
- I've successfully installed add-ons via Repos into Kodi so they will play on my PC,
- The Kodi icon appears on the TV screen via the disk players Wi-Fi, but no video files are detected.

I've yet to figure out or make the correct configuration selections to get anything to appear associated with the Kodi Icon on my tv/disk player.

There are a lot of new buzz words used in streaming. Up to this point PVR and DVR were the new names for digital cable set-top boxes. Does PVR mean something new here and is that what I need to set up? I watched a YouTube video where they mention selecting Directory in a Video Add-On screen so that one will get the "Play Using" selection. Did that, but no "Play Using" selection appears.

What do I need to do next?

ps - If PVR has nothing to do with my situation, where should I post this query?
RPi2 - OpenELEC v6.0.3 - Kodi v15 - HDHR Connect HDHR4-2US(CA) v2015.11.09
The UPnP feature is designed to share library content (your local media) not content from add-ons.

Read through the Wiki, it will help you figure things out.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Main_Page
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
I was wondering where and if there was a manual somewhere. Thanks, I'll read-up.
I've deleted this post.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Almost Have It0