TV guide displays schedule several hours in the future
One thing I have noticed over the last few months, is that when you bring up the TV program guide it often displays several hours into the future. This seems to happen when you start using Kodi after not using it for a few hours. I am not using suspend, just turning the screen off.

This happens on my main HTPC as well as on a remote client running OpenElec. This also seems to happen with both the Confluence and Titan skins.

I don't think this is a ServerWMC issue but where would be the best place to ask this question.

Ian
I too have noticed an issue. It sometimes shows a different time and sometimes it is blank. I usually exit back to the main menu or switch to recordings and then back to the guide and it corrects itself. I've never looked into what is causing it.
I have been doing the same thing. Since this is a system used by the entire family (including spouse). it am at the point where I am trying to get it to pass the spouse test. SInce it was happening with OpenEleca as well, I thought it might be a skin issue but Went back to Confluence on the OpenElec system and ut is still happening.
It sounds like a kodi bug to me too. Can you guys get a screenshot? Does it only happen if Kodi was left for a long time in the EPG view?
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Good possibility. Will try and confirm tomorrow.
Cursor positioning in the EPG view is indeed buggy. I'm currently testing a fix I made for this issues, but it is not yet ready for release. I'm planning to merge the fix for Kodi Krypton.
So what's the actual problem you're experiencing? I understand that you open the epg window, selection is at channel X and time "now". You're leaving the window open for some hours (you only turn off your screen, Kodi is not shut down or suspend meanwhile). If you come back (switch on your screen) epg window selection moved not to "now" but to "now" plus "several hours". Correct?
Regarding "blank": is the epg window actually completely empty then or does it just display data in the past and there are no longer data available for the past broadcastings? What happens if you scroll some pages right until "now"? Are there data for the current broadcasting and this actually is just another cursor positioning problem?
(2016-02-03, 09:09)ksooo Wrote: So what's the actual problem you're experiencing? I understand that you open the epg window, selection is at channel X and time "now". You're leaving the window open for some hours (you only turn off your screen, Kodi is not shut down or suspend meanwhile). If you come back (switch on your screen) epg window selection moved not to "now" but to "now" plus "several hours". Correct?

That is exactly how I would describe it. I want to confirm exactly which screen I am leaving Kodi on but I believe it is on the EPG screen. I wasn't able to confirm to night as my wife shut the OpenElec PC down before she left for work and I didn't make it home in time to look at my main windows based HTPC.
My wife was just watching a show that was recorded last night. The show ended. I back out to the LiveTV menu and selected Guide. the GUide was displaying the guide for tomorrow afternoon.

Based on that the problem may not be restricted to leaving Kodi on the EPG window.
In my experience, Kodi is left at the main/home screen for an extended period of time. When I turn on the TV and then go to TV -> Guide, sometime it comes up blank. I will have to confirm, but if i remember correctly blank means that it shows the channels and times but no shows. Sometimes it comes up at a different time (i.e. three days in the future). In both cases, I exit back to the main menu (or switch to TV recordings via the sidebar menu). When i return to guide, the data is correct and at the current time. If you have some things you want me to collect next time it happens, just let me know.
Checking tonight, I hit the back button to turn the TV on. THis left me at the recorded shows screen. Back one more time to the LiveTV menu then select Guide, and I was several hours in the future. Back out, can go back into the guide and it came up correctly.
I have seen the emtry guide on occassion but it is not as common as the guide just bing in the future. Perhaps it is just far enough in the future to ahve no guide info available,. I typically set the guide up for 3 days.
I had the guide come up "blank" over the weekend. On closer inspection, it was displaying guide data for Feb 15, 2015 at 10:30 AM which is further in the future than i have it configured to download guide data so that would explain why it was blank. I exited back to the main menu and when i opened the guide again it was at the correct time and date: Feb 7 at 3:43. I believe i have guide data configured for 7 or 8 days.
Was it 2015 as you wrote our actually 2016?
sorry, it was 2016...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV guide displays schedule several hours in the future0