Force skin settings to write out to file.
Hi

Does anyone know of a way to force the skin settings.xml (previously guisettings.xml) to physically write out to the <kodi/userdata/addon_data/SKINNAME/settings.xml> file without using one of the power options like exit, reboot etc.?

In a project I'm working on we have a setup wizard launched on first time run of the skin. The skin checks for a skin setting on startup to determine whether the wizard has been run previously. Problem is that if the user power cycles the device without using the power options, the skin settings don't get saved. I waited with kodi on idle for almost 20 mins and the file was not written out.

TL;DR - Is there a way to trigger Kodi writing out guisettings and skin settings to file that doesn't involve using Exit or Reboot?
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Not that I know but there may be an incoming patch that dies that and "needed" for atv4 devices
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Actually think I've solved this.

Solution for future reference: Calling ReloadSkin() will force the skin settings to save to file.
Yeah, only solution atm is to perform reloadskin. I used that in skinhelper's skin backup feature too for jarvis+
Would be great if that can be removed someday
Yeah definitely need a built in for this
+1000

Even if the reloadskin trick does the job ATM, problems while using window props then occur (resetted).
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Force skin settings to write out to file.0