v15 home button failure
New issue. currently receiving the following failure. Home button inop.

Firestarter:exception:clearing logcat failled / followed by / firestarterConfusedomething went wrong, restarting homebuttonbserver now...
Thread moved to the Android section
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Sounds like an issue with FireStarter and not Kodi. FireStarter is a launcher replacement for Fire TVs that can either open FireStarter or Kodi when you press the Android home button (such as on the remote).
I bought a firestick with Kodi already added on, I had the same issue I emailed the seller and this is the instructions he sent me, Follow them exactly.
Hope it works for you.

Hi,

There was an update that changed some of the settings. Follow these directions and it will fix it. If it's stuck on the registration page go ahead and go to Amazon and set up a login. You don't have to use your own information if you don't wish. Then go back to the fire stick and use it to login and get passed registration.

From The Amazon home screen scroll down to settings > applications > manage applications > firestarter and select launch. An update notice should appear, select it to update. Press the down button until install is highlighted and push select. Once it's done installing select open > push to the left and scroll down to settings > push right and scroll down to Start up app and select it. Now select FireTV Home. Scroll down to home button single click and select Kodi. Scroll down to Home button double click and select FireTV Home. Now hit the back button and then double click Home. You should be good to go.

DO NOT ADJUST ANY OTHER SETTINGS.
thank you for the info! i just used your instructions and it worked!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
home button failure0