• 24(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
Thanks Sam, yes have that PopcornMix patch but mine has not been Rebased and patches into the wrong spot now I checked.

@MidnightWatcher,
Code:
<advancedsettings>
      <network>
           <buffermode>1</buffermode>
            <cachemembuffersize>157286400</cachemembuffersize>
            <readbufferfactor>20</readbufferfactor>
       </network>
       <pvr>
            <minvideocachelevel>10</minvideocachelevel>
            <minaudiocachelevel>15</minaudiocachelevel>
       </pvr>
</advancedsettings>

Kill lirc:
Code:
killall -HUP lircd

Not seeing skipped frames or judder either and I do have an extensive set of FPS test files....
Suggestion > Normal TV, no HDMI CEC devices like AVR's connected.

As for 3D, there will be no more development from me. I don't have the time, energy or equiptment.

Thanks mate, will do some testing tonight.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Nexus + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR 204 RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ Z83 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
Hello,
How is the mpeg2/.vob playback with the OC2?

My OC1 can't handle mpeg2 files... so I just came back to my rpi2 with no hevc support Sad
From what I read in the forum, only NUC/HTPC seems to have a good support to both hevc and mpeg2.
Your Odroid C1 can handle mpeg2 .vob files, as I personally fixed DVD playback on it with an OpenELEC update v7.0.0 (leave everything on Auto deinterlacing)
If you still have problems with v7.0.0 and have mpeg2 files in containers like .mkv then go into Video > Acceleration > Accelerate mpeg2 > 720p and up.

C1 OpenELEC Details HERE

It definitely works. Smile

The C2 supports video playback of virtually everything apart from Bluray rips of VC-1, Frame packed 3D and HDR naturally. Its a very capable video playback platform.
See Post #2 of this thread for a rundown.

I am waiting for the new Wetek devices to come out but this is looking better every day. Also, this gives me the 2Gb of Ram and 16Gb of eMMC which I am the most comfortable with for half the price of a Wetek Play 2S.

If Wetek doesn't speed up its releases I will be going for a C2. Smile
Hello,
my Kodi is running on my outdated Asrock Ion since 2010, meanwhile RPi & co. are faster, so I am slowly thinking about moving to such a device. Instead of the RPi3 the Odroid C2 looks very interesting to me. Not much more expensive but nicer hardware. However the question of software support comes to my mind. Thanks to wrxtasy there seems to be a proper version of LibreELEC now, but it looks like this depends (at least currently) on one single person. So if he stops developing or moves to the successor of the C2, there might not be any updated Kodi versions, as they have to be built into the OS, right?
My gut fealing is that the RPi has a bigger community and a higher chance of long-term support from OpenELEC or similar. Am I seeing things too negative or could it realistically happen that e.g. in 2 years after Kodi v19 I would be stuck and not receive any further updates? Software support would currently be the only reason why probably rather buying a RPi3.
(2016-05-30, 20:36)wrxtasy Wrote: Your Odroid C1 can handle mpeg2 .vob files, as I personally fixed DVD playback on it with an OpenELEC update v7.0.0 (leave everything on Auto deinterlacing)
If you still have problems with v7.0.0 and have mpeg2 files in containers like .mkv then go into Video > Acceleration > Accelerate mpeg2 > 720p and up.

C1 OpenELEC Details HERE

It definitely works. Smile

Just upgraded to the v7.0.0, and it works !!!
ISO files are perfectly played (need some more tests, but it seems ok for now)
Thank you very much for your time, effort and skills Wink
I'd try to compare picture quality between RPI and OC1, but it should be close I guesse (apart from hevc ^^)

Do you have a github for your releases?
I'd like to develop some "tweaks" to have a perfect media center for my configuration: (external stereo amp)
  • An option to apply boost center channel only on movie files => don't want my concerts files (not included in the movie library) to apply the boost
  • Dynamic Range Compression for late watching. => Simple toggle (none/medium/high) that ajust change volume and volume amplification (versatile change only)
  • Force volume 100% => kodi startup (guisettingsxml ?) and on each file playback startup
  • BONUS: Power ON/OFF using hdmi or USB (mce receiver or tv usb)
(2016-05-30, 20:36)wrxtasy Wrote: The C2 supports video playback of virtually everything apart from Bluray rips of VC-1, Frame packed 3D and HDR naturally. Its a very capable video playback platform.
Is it all VC-1 - thought it was just interlaced VC-1 that caused problems (incidentally Intel Linux drivers also fail with interlaced VC-1, though Windows drivers are fine, as is the Pi)? Thought 23.976p VC-1 was OK on the C2? (Will try and dig out a test clip)
(2016-05-30, 21:17)pigeldi Wrote: Thanks to wrxtasy there seems to be a proper version of LibreELEC now, but it looks like this depends (at least currently) on one single person. So if he stops developing or moves to the successor of the C2, there might not be any updated Kodi versions, as they have to be built into the OS, right?
My gut fealing is that the RPi has a bigger community and a higher chance of long-term support from OpenELEC or similar. Am I seeing things too negative or could it realistically happen that e.g. in 2 years after Kodi v19 I would be stuck and not receive any further updates? Software support would currently be the only reason why probably rather buying a RPi3.

LibreELEC will be officially supporting the C2 starting with version 8.0. Support for this device will only get better.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Nexus + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR 204 RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ Z83 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
(2016-05-31, 01:00)noggin Wrote:
(2016-05-30, 20:36)wrxtasy Wrote: The C2 supports video playback of virtually everything apart from Bluray rips of VC-1, Frame packed 3D and HDR naturally. Its a very capable video playback platform.
Is it all VC-1 - thought it was just interlaced VC-1 that caused problems (incidentally Intel Linux drivers also fail with interlaced VC-1, though Windows drivers are fine, as is the Pi)? Thought 23.976p VC-1 was OK on the C2? (Will try and dig out a test clip)
Just checked my samples again....

The WeTek Core and C1 has no problems with Bluray Rips of progressive 23.976fps VC-1 - the C2 is a WIP for this one. I don't have enough test material to be 100% sure for the C2. This is using a similar Kernel patch.
29.97fps VC-1 Interlaced Rips exhibit micro judders on the C1, C2 and WeTek Core.

(2016-05-31, 04:33)MidnightWatcher Wrote: LibreELEC will be officially supporting the C2 starting with version 8.0. Support for this device will only get better.
Yes the C2 is sitting in the official LibreELEC GitHub Code repository starting with v8.0.0. The device was too new to make the v7.0.0 cutoff date when that version was frozen from further development.

LibreELEC GitHub

I'm wanting to know if there is a way to power on/off Odroid C2 board with a Infrared remote. I've read through the Odroid forums and found Konek's project: http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=...587#p94114. Unfortunately I don't have the knowledge and skills to re-create his add-on board. I like the ability of shutting down the board without pulling the plug either from the wall or micro USB port. I have a C1+ now and after a few days of being on, the board LED's stop blinking and Openelec freezes. I end up having to re-power the system a lot. I stopped using the C1+ in favor of my Raspberry Pi due to having a RemotePi board setup with it.

I was wondering if anyone has tried using the RemotePi Board with either the C1+ or C2 or if there are any other alternatives I don't know about. Thanks for you time and help.
(2016-05-31, 07:34)GFMLS Wrote: I'm wanting to know if there is a way to power on/off Odroid C2 board with a Infrared remote. I've read through the Odroid forums and found Konek's project: http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=...587#p94114. Unfortunately I don't have the knowledge and skills to re-create his add-on board. I like the ability of shutting down the board without pulling the plug either from the wall or micro USB port. I have a C1+ now and after a few days of being on, the board LED's stop blinking and Openelec freezes. I end up having to re-power the system a lot. I stopped using the C1+ in favor of my Raspberry Pi due to having a RemotePi board setup with it.

I was wondering if anyone has tried using the RemotePi Board with either the C1+ or C2 or if there are any other alternatives I don't know about. Thanks for you time and help.

Sorry, I don't speak english. Sad

For me, the solution of freezes was uncomment the line "disableuhs" in boot.ini.

My c1 is powered by the USB port of the TV (Maybe this can help you).
The c2 is a 24h kodi/seedbox, and the power consumption is around 6w with the HDD in idle.
I did try using my TV to power my C1+ but the power output from my TV wouldn't sustain the board. I also figured I would corrupt the OS by not shutting down properly. I will try uncommenting the line you said in the boot.ini and see if that helps.

Still would be nice having on/off button and on/off with IR. Sent an email to msldigital to see if they would support odroid boards with remotepi boards. They said GPIO pins are compatible but they have never tested them together to confirm it. Scripts would need to be altered as well.
Is it worth getting the bluetooth module with the C2 as i have two bluetooth remotes and like the idea of the unit hidden away out of sight
Very common dirt cheap CSR 4.0 BT USB dongles have no issues on any ODROID's including C2 if that is what you have already.

• 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610