• 12(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
(2016-04-27, 19:40)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2016-04-27, 11:20)noggin Wrote: Any news on audio developments? I still get the DD/DTS drop outs on the builds I'm running on my C2
Been playing around a bit and just finished:

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2_aarch64-7.0.0-Kodi-Jarvis-16.1-Final.tar

I'm getting DD/DTS Passthrough Kodi Log Messages and Audio seems to be playing without drops to my TV at least. An AVR would be the real test.

Continual and frequent DTS and DD drop outs (every 10 or 20 seconds) on my Onkyo NR616. This is from a DTS-HD MA 24.000p Blu-ray unrecompressed rip (ripped as a folder) and a 720/50p Dolby Digital off-air TV recording.

Bad enough to be unusable.
(2016-04-27, 22:01)noggin Wrote:
(2016-04-27, 13:09)dukester Wrote:
(2016-04-27, 10:44)wrxtasy Wrote: I'm not that familiar with Docker, but it should not be too hard to add the package to the LibreELEC builds I release.

where is the github source for the builds you release??

nm i found it thanks!!

Be useful to include the github URL if you found it. Thanks.

not really a git hub pro but

I thought to be GPL compliant you need to at least provide or link to source when publicly releasing software.

https://github.com/wrxtasy/LibreELEC.tv/tree/patch-1 is source for todays release possibly?
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2016-04-27, 22:26)dukester Wrote:
(2016-04-27, 22:01)noggin Wrote:
(2016-04-27, 13:09)dukester Wrote: where is the github source for the builds you release??

nm i found it thanks!!

Be useful to include the github URL if you found it. Thanks.

not really a git hub pro but

I thought to be GPL compliant you need to at least provide or link to source when publicly releasing software.

https://github.com/wrxtasy/LibreELEC.tv/tree/patch-1 is source for todays release possibly?

Not sure - it may only be if you sell it commercially - though I may be wrong.
Another test version...

I've Reverted all HardKernel Odroid C2 custom audio usb-spdif and HiFi Shield additions from the Kernel and also pulled out Oversuns Kodi Audio patches for the regular AML ones, here is a test Kodi Jarvis Final version with Alternate Audio:

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2_aarch64-7.0.0-Kodi-Jarvis-Final.Alternate.Audio.tar

Big thanx for your work on this wrxtasy!!

My odroid c2 arrived today & I replaced my "first hour" raspberry pi (model a)...

What should I say - it's worlds between....

I'm running your latest Jarvis build and everything is working as expected.

Just wanted to know - is there already a krypton build available?
As my mysql server doesn't work when using one jarvis build and other krypton builds on different clients.
(2016-04-28, 13:43)wrxtasy Wrote: Another test version...

I've Reverted all HardKernel Odroid C2 custom audio usb-spdif and HiFi Shield additions from the Kernel and also pulled out Oversuns Kodi Audio patches for the regular AML ones, here is a test Kodi Jarvis Final version with Alternate Audio:

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2_aarch64-7.0.0-Kodi-Jarvis-Final.Alternate.Audio.tar

That build appears to work well for DTS and DD so far. (Same clips I tested previous version with are playing with no drop outs so far)

For some reason I don't have working Ethernet using the built in chipset (I'm running from an eMMC not uSD card) - but a Realtek USB/Ethernet adaptor is working fine.
Excellent, as suspected, HardKernels additions of the usb-spdif adapter and the Hi-Fi Shield mods to the Kernel have stuffed something up.
So DD of Air recording and DTS-MA are now working. 5.1 or 7.1 ?

I've been a busy beaver today, have a fix for the Ethernet issue as well with this version: Smile

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2_aarch64-7.0.0-Kodi-Jarvis-Final.Revert.U-Boot.patch.tar

We now have a bunch of devs plugging into LibreELEC for the C2. I'm going to push for a Official release now these two problems are sorted !
Further HDMI-CEC additions are in the pipe under testing as well. Wink

(2016-04-28, 21:09)sw4y Wrote: Big thanx for your work on this wrxtasy!!

My odroid c2 arrived today & I replaced my "first hour" raspberry pi (model a)...

What should I say - it's worlds between....

I'm running your latest Jarvis build and everything is working as expected.

Just wanted to know - is there already a krypton build available?
As my mysql server doesn't work when using one jarvis build and other krypton builds on different clients.

Welcome, problems are getting fixed quicker than I expected.
Yes Krypton Alpha is already in the chute, it will be out soon. Just juggling projects at the moment and getting my GitHub sorted out.

(2016-04-28, 21:46)wrxtasy Wrote: Excellent, as suspected, HardKernels additions of the usb-spdif adapter and the Hi-Fi Shield mods to the Kernel have stuffed something up.
So DD of Air recording and DTS-MA are now working. 5.1 or 7.1 ?
DTS - not DTS-MA. It's still SPDIF lossy quality only. 5.1 only - I don't think I have any non-DTS HD/True HD 7.1 content to test with. (DD is 5.1 max and DTS maxes out around 6.1 ES I think?)

IME DTS-HD MA and Dolby True HD either work or don't work - whether they are 2.0, 5.1 or 7.1 doesn't seem to be relevant. The compressed bitstream is either passed or not passed.

I've yet to get a C2 to do any HD Audio - bit streamed or PCM decoded to anything other than 2.0

Quote:I've been a busy beaver today, have a fix for the Ethernet issue as well with this version: Smile

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2_aarch64-7.0.0-Kodi-Jarvis-Final.Revert.U-Boot.patch.tar

We now have a bunch of devs plugging into LibreELEC for the C2. I'm going to push for a Official release now these two problems are sorted !
Further HDMI-CEC additions are in the pipe under testing as well. Wink

Will have a test.
Yep - LibreELEC-Odroid_C2_aarch64-7.0.0-Kodi-Jarvis-Final.Revert.U-Boot.patch.tar has working Ethernet and working 5.1 DD audio on a 720/50p H264+AC3 off-air TV show (played at 1080/50p) No drop outs so far. (Running from an eMMC)

***EDIT : Have tried Dolby True HD 5.1 and 7.1 test clips and they play back with Dolby True HD bit streamed (same as MiniMX) DTS-HD MA and DTS-HD HRA sits with the HDMI logo flashing on my amp, so doesn't play. DTS 96/24 plays OK bit streamed. EAC3 / DD+ doesn't playback properly ***
Ok thanks for the detailed feedback, nice to see I've made some progress today. Smile

So the C2 LibreELEC Audio support list is something like this currently:
  • + DD/DTS 5.1 (Lossy)
  • + Dolby True HD 5.1 and 7.1 (Lossless)
  • + DTS 96/24
  • - DTS-HD MA/HRA
  • - No Multichannel PCM > 2.0
  • - EAC3 / DD+ is a WIP

wrxtasy I just loaded the updated imh and ran the patch, however when I play a movie my receiver only shows stereo. I set the enable passthrough and still nothing. Is there something I am missing? Thanks again for your time in working with the Odroid.
I take it you selected Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver and/or DTS capable receiver & TrueHD capable receiver in the Kodi Audio options ?

Yes I selected all at first then I unchecked the AC3 capable option and it still only showed stereo on my receiver. Thanks
From the Wetek Core thread...
(2016-04-29, 11:10)noggin Wrote: The am-mpeg2 hardware decode for interlaced content will (I assume) be deinterlaced via the hardware deinterlacer, but I'm not sure what happens with the ff-mpeg2video decoded content. It doesn't appear to max out any CPU cores - so the dropped frames don't appear to be caused by hitting the CPU limits during deinterlacing. So either the software decode and deinterlace is flawed, or there is some attempt to pipe back software decoded content through the hardware deinterlacer that isn't working? (25p content with no motion between the two fields in the frame plays back OK if you disable deinterlacing, so the core decode appears to be OK, though possibly something timestamp-y is causing issues with the deinterlacer?)
mpeg2 content in .vob containers ie DVD Rips is forced to default to Software ff-mpeg2 decoding with the correct patches as 4 core AML hardware can easily handle SD Software decoding.

I'm not sure what the exact issue was exactly but I patched Kodi and selected the best quality deinterlacer I could find when Software decoding and came up with Yadif aka Deinterlace. This has now been selected as the default software deinterlacer replacing Bob, that was causing the Jerky playback issues on AML with Kodi.

Post processing works as well. Visually this looks like the smoothest and best quality of Interlaced mpeg2 .vob video I have seen on AML Hardware Smile

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2_aarch64-7.0.0-Kodi-Jarvis-Yadif.DVD.VC1.tar

Also included is a fix for 23.976fps VC1 video playback !

• 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610