• 31(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
i can totaly agree with wrxtasy
i start first with s "normal" sdcard (40read/13mbwrite) and i am using a HUGE Skin ( MADNOX ) - navigation and features was quite rubbish and slow
now i have a 32gb Class 10 UHS-1 Sandisk ( 80read ) and the feeling is MUCH better ... not perfect, but i think we have to fix some problems between LE+Madnox on Odroid ^^
i will buy maybe next month a eMMC card to see how fast this lill machine can go ... ( always 40mb steps hehe )

so - at least the "Class 10 UHS-1 Sandisk or Samsung EVO+ SDHC" cards are a MUST HAVE !
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
Hello Guys,

I have just purchased C2 and flashed LibreELEC 7.0.2 - Kodi Jarvis 16.1. I have a Toshiba 64GB Class 10 UHS-1 microSD card. General running is quite satisfying but I have a stuttering problem while I use Quasar Add-on. Until the download reaches up to 100% It stutters sometimes. Not too much but quite disturbing.

Any idea?

many thanks.
(2016-06-15, 20:05)kavuraki Wrote: Hello Guys,

I have just purchased C2 and flashed LibreELEC 7.0.2 - Kodi Jarvis 16.1. I have a Toshiba 64GB Class 10 UHS-1 microSD card. General running is quite satisfying but I have a stuttering problem while I use Quasar Add-on. Until the download reaches up to 100% It stutters sometimes. Not too much but quite disturbing.

Any idea?

many thanks.

Quasar looks to be a way of watching content illegally. I don't think you'll find any support here for it.
(2016-06-15, 20:35)noggin Wrote:
(2016-06-15, 20:05)kavuraki Wrote: Hello Guys,

Any idea?

many thanks.

Quasar looks to be a way of watching content illegally. I don't think you'll find any support here for it.

If It was just a way of watching illegal content, I think It would be banned from this forum. There is an official topic for Quasar here and lots of free contents are available on torrent network.

Anyway, I think the problem is not related with Quasar. With a windows configuration I enjoy it smoothly. I wonder If someone else has confronted the same problem?
Ordered a C2 today with 8GB eMMC. Looking forward to trying LibreELEC 7.0.2. Ordered from Hardkernel.com.

Hoping this will be perfect for hires multichannel music (both audio-only and HD video concerts). I've been using a NUC which is great, no issues, but hoping to find a decent low-cost Kodi player for others in the surround music community.
(2016-06-16, 12:15)HomerJau Wrote: Ordered a C2 today with 8GB eMMC. Looking forward to trying LibreELEC 7.0.2. Ordered from Hardkernel.com.

Hoping this will be perfect for hires multichannel music (both audio-only and HD video concerts). I've been using a NUC which is great, no issues, but hoping to find a decent low-cost Kodi player for others in the surround music community.

You should get DTS-HD MA/HRA and Dolby True HD bitstreamed, along with DTS and DD legacy SPDIF quality formats. You will also get PCM 2.0.

Any multichannel audio that can't be bitstreamed (FLAC, AAC, PCM/WAV etc.) will either be folded-down to PCM 2.0 or can be transcoded to lossy DD. At the moment there is no PCM 5.1/7.1 output (the missing, and final, piece of the jigsaw required for the C2 to match x86 boxes like the Chromebox. It has been implemented in Android on the Wetek Core - so it is likely that the AMLogic hardware supports it, we are just waiting for driver/implementation.
(2016-06-16, 12:15)HomerJau Wrote: Ordered a C2 today with 8GB eMMC. Looking forward to trying LibreELEC 7.0.2. Ordered from Hardkernel.com.

I don't want to alarm you HJ, but I hope you read this before hand, clearly spelt out in Post #2:
Quote:- Interlaced Bluray Rips containing VC-1 content have stuttering playback. Normal VC-1 Movie Rips fine.
If these HD video concerts are Interlaced VC-1 you are going to have continual stuttering playback problems.
No idea when this long standing AML bug will be fixed.

Someone knowledgable Dev, with ALSA Linux / Kodi and AML Kernel experience will have to sort out the the Multichannel Audio issues.
ALSA Audio for AML is an absolute mess, with numerous patches to even get AC3/DTS passthrough Audio to work.
The S905 Kernel does support LPCM, when I went last went looking.

(2016-06-16, 13:37)wrxtasy Wrote:

I don't want to alarm you HJ, but I hope you read this before hand, clearly spelt out in Post #2:
Quote:- Interlaced Bluray Rips containing VC-1 content have stuttering playback. Normal VC-1 Movie Rips fine.
If these HD video concerts are Interlaced VC-1 you are going to have continual stuttering playback problems.

Yes - and interlaced VC-1 is also an issue with VAAPI on Intel Linux platforms too - you have to fall back on software decode and deinterlace. It's fine in Windows on the same platforms...
(2016-06-16, 13:37)wrxtasy Wrote:

Someone knowledgable Dev, with ALSA Linux / Kodi and AML Kernel experience will have to sort out the the Multichannel Audio issues.
ALSA Audio for AML is an absolute mess, with numerous patches to even get AC3/DTS passthrough Audio to work.
The S905 Kernel does support LPCM, when I went last went looking.

Thanks for the replies. Actually no multichannel PCM this means the C2 is useless for my application.

I did read the info on post #2 but (to me) it's not clear:

"- No HD Audio decoding by the C2 to output as Multichannel PCM. PCM 2.0 only."

Because of the words 'HD Audio decoding' I presumed this was internal DTS/DD decoding not PCM Passthrough. I wrongly thought that FLAC multichannel was supported. I think post #2 needs clarifying.

I was waiting on the Hub but thought I'd give the C2 a trial. I guess I'll lock up the hardware until a fix comes through...
Hi guys,

today I got my odroid c2 from pollin. The combo of my sandisk sd to micro sd card adapter and the micro sd to emmc adapter worked out-of-the-box, but the emmc had a boot partition which wasn't deletable with windows standard tools. At the moment I don't have a linux machine with an integrated sd card reaader. So I downloaded partition wizard from here and deleted the complete emmc:

http://www.computerbase.de/downloads/sys...e-edition/

After that I downloaded your LibreElec 7.0.2 and flashed the image to emmc with win32diskimager. This all worked without any problems. Then I plugged the odroid parts together and started for the first time. Now I had some problems. The odroid rebooted automatically after some seconds, again, and again. The problem was my PSU, changed it and everything was fine.

I tested some minutes of my dvd and bluray rips (mpeg2 and h264) and the (hd) audio formats. Everthing that is interesting for me (DD, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, DTS HD MA/HRA) works as expected for the moment.

After I changed the keymap to the one recommended by @wrxtasy in this thread my mce remote also works as expected:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/Jarvis...remote.xml

Thanks for all your hard work. This was an easy setup. At the moment the funtionality is perfect.

Is it somehow possible to deactivate the blue flashing led? Wink

Greetings from Germany Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
(2016-06-17, 01:08)hoppel118 Wrote: Is it somehow possible to deactivate the blue flashing led?
http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=144&t=21850
(2016-06-17, 01:08)hoppel118 Wrote: After I changed the keymap to the one recommended by @wrxtasy in this thread my mce remote also works as expected:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/Jarvis...remote.xml

Thanks for all your hard work. This was an easy setup. At the moment the funtionality is perfect.

Greetings from Germany Hoppel

Sweet.

Can also confirm this works with my Microsoft MCE Remote.
Love this remote so glad its back in action!!.

Thanks guys.

Richie
Annoying Blue LED switch OFF (works every reboot from then on):

Code:
nano /storage/.config/autostart.sh
Insert...

echo none > /sys/class/leds/blue:heartbeat/trigger

CTRL-O to save  CTRL-X to exit.

chmod +x /storage/.config/autostart.sh

The C2's remote control map, is currently Custom mapped for a known common remote - that being HardKernels IR one, that has a limited number of buttons.
A bunch of other remotes will work out of the box as detailed HERE

And if the usual Kodi remote control map needs to be re-instated for MCE's, then a simple tweak is needed as detailed on Page#1 of the C2's HardKernel LE sub-forum.

(2016-06-16, 23:28)HomerJau Wrote: Thanks for the replies. Actually no multichannel PCM this means the C2 is useless for my application.

I did read the info on post #2 but (to me) it's not clear:

"- No HD Audio decoding by the C2 to output as Multichannel PCM. PCM 2.0 only."

Because of the words 'HD Audio decoding' I presumed this was internal DTS/DD decoding not PCM Passthrough. I wrongly thought that FLAC multichannel was supported. I think post #2 needs clarifying.

I was waiting on the Hub but thought I'd give the C2 a trial. I guess I'll lock up the hardware until a fix comes through...
Did you have your glasses on when reading Post #2 ? Eek
Ok to completely Over-emphasize the point...changes made...
Quote: - NO HD Audio decoding by the C2 to output as 5.1/7.1 Multichannel PCM. PCM 2.0 only.(Includes FLAC, AAC, PCM/WAV)
I don't know how much clearer it can be spelt out.

I don't think you would have any issues re-selling the C2 either at the same price to a fellow Aussie who needs 8/10bit HEVC decoding and HD Audio Passthrough.

Hey thanks wrxtasy! I guess I always considered FLAC as not requiring decoding Smile Hence me thinking the original statement didn't include FLAC just DD and DTS codecs, so I apologise for my misunderstanding. There may be others like me so the change makes it clear.

Good idea about reselling locally. Anyone in AU PM me if interested in buying. Still in transit from Korea: C2, 8GB eMMC, case & remote at original pricing.
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610