• 73(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
(2017-01-20, 22:52)leo5111 Wrote: my c2 came with the 16 gig emmc, it only shows the boot file is there a tool to format it in windows if so where do i get it or do i need to use a linux boot disk to resize it?
What is your end game? Why do you want to format it?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
ok this xbmc "A" has a differnt skin i think stock skin was confluence on my chromebox "B" it has the menu up the side instead of across how do i change that? EDIT nevermind at first it wouldnt let me change the skin but i have it now
(2017-01-20, 23:17)nickr Wrote:
(2017-01-20, 22:52)leo5111 Wrote: my c2 came with the 16 gig emmc, it only shows the boot file is there a tool to format it in windows if so where do i get it or do i need to use a linux boot disk to resize it?
What is your end game? Why do you want to format it?
i got it now i formatted it to fat32 then used libre-ELEC creater to install the libre-ELEC all is good now
@wrxtasy im on the Raybuntu betas can i update by throwing it in a folder? or am i going to have to open my c2 everytime?
(2017-01-16, 08:35)querty1000 Wrote:
(2017-01-14, 12:05)wrxtasy Wrote: Raybuntu's rb-beta releases have all the nice updated AML video sync patches in it at the moment. Its the one to use over all other releases.

Does it have the patches for Frame Packet 3D?

I want to try an upgrade from the wrxtasy Jarvis version I'm currently running to Raybuntu's Krypton build for the C2. Would it be better to start from scratch with a new image or can I upgrade from wrxtasy's version by pasting the tar file into the update folder?

I understand that I need to do some things to accomplish an upgrade to switch to the 32 bit stuff. Can someone point me to a list of what I need to do?

I'm backing up my current setup using win32diskimager for odroid, just in case I need to revert. If possible, I'd rather upgrade (instead of starting from scratch with a new image to my SD card), assuming that it would keep my addons and MythTV configuration in place. If you guys think it would be better to just set it all up again from a new disk image, I can do that. It's all about the most reliable way to make this happen. My wife is scrutinizing it thoroughly, so I'd rather keep confluence too. I know it's not as cool looking, but it's what she's familiar with.
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
(2017-01-21, 02:00)leo5111 Wrote: @wrxtasy im on the Raybuntu betas can i update by throwing it in a folder? or am i going to have to open my c2 everytime?

I haven't seen anything saying that the standard technique of dumping the tar file into the update folder shouldn't work. That said, I did this once before (a couple of weeks ago) and I don't think the drive had completed the sync before rebooting causing the tar archive to appear invalid upon reboot.

I just installed the Jan 18th build from scratch and got no passthrough audio from live TV. Apparently that's the new norm, but I sure don't like that. I guess I'll have to record everything first before watching it now. Sad
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
Some Tips...
  • Read the release notes in Raybuntu Hardkernel Kodi Krypton thread. Follow his instructions there...
  • Pretty much all the questions that get asked repeatedly, already have answers in the....
LibreELEC Wiki

where is the thread on hard kernel? i was looking around i dont see it, i was looking in the libreELEC tab
So well hidden, its staring you right in the face, the very first thread..... Wink

LibreELEC 8 community 64bit kernel 32bit libs

A bit of LibreELEC version decoding will help to understand it all...

LE 7.0 / 7.1 = Kodi Jarvis
LE 7.95 / 8.x = Kodi Krypton

LE 8.9x / 9.0 = Kodi Leia....

well i was thinking the the thread would be named raybuntu Tongue
got a Odroid C2 in the middle of december after reading the forums and getting a 4K tv, started with the wrxtasy kodi build which worked fine but a little bit slow compared to my intel nuc box (my ocd kicked in Sad ), so went back to the intel box until more fixes / changes were made to the kodi image, then came back after reading the latest posts on the forum and started to use raybuntu kodi builds... now the performance is the same as my intel box. Big Grin

Big thanks to wrxtasy, raybuntu, Libreelec team & others more making a fast stable kodi build for the Odroid C2
Got mine, plays all of my videos without issue. Chuffed! Using the Raybuntu build, latest version from the links provided above (version "j").

However, the interface seems about as snappy as a Raspberry Pi3 - and I'm using an eMMC module. Anyone else feeling this? Or am I expecting too much from such a small device, and having a rather large library myself.

I've got an i3 with an SSD that obviously is buttery smooth, but given all the feedback here I feel as if it should be a little bit snappier.

Cheers.
Overclock it ! Wink

This can be done safely by modifying the boot.ini file:

SSH Login (password is - libreelec for RB versions):

Code:
ssh [email protected]
mount /flash -o remount,rw
nano /flash/boot.ini

CTRL-O to save, CTRL-X to exit. Reboot.

Or just put the eMMC in a PC and edit the boot.ini file.

I suggest starting with:
setenv max_freq "1680" # 1.680GHz

I can go as high as, before it will not boot:
setenv max_freq "1752" # 1.752GHz

Then you also have DDR3 RAM Overclocking. Just issue the commands in the first post of this Thread

eMMC is never going to be as fast as SSD, especially with a very large video library.

A Wireless remote has the best Button pressings, GUI response times compared to Infra Red only.

Try deinterlacing HD Live OTA TV and then navigating a RPi3 Kodi interface, and you will soon notice differences.
Now try that again playing back any decent bitrate 1080p HEVC and see how far you get with a RPi3. Wink

(2017-01-24, 07:17)wrxtasy Wrote: Overclock it ! Wink

I might give that a go! Not expecting a miracle, or maybe I'm just being fussy. Could very well be the CEC controller remote lag might be contributing to it. I was using a keyboard most of the time for setup, and it just felt slightly snappier doing that
odroid c2 killer?
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=304856
  • 73(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610