Refresh Rate change results in flashing screen and loss of audio -- Help
Hi, I posted this in the independent OS thread as well but didn't have much feedback so I've added it here.

Recently I have been experiencing issues with kodi when it goes to play a video, the refresh rate changes from 60hz to 24hz the tv starts flashing like it's trying to do it but can't quite get it then it fails back to 60hz but the audio is dead until a reboot. This doesn't happen every time but at times it can take 10 resets before it manages to change the refresh rate successfully yet other times it might work first go.

Initially I had this problem on openelec, so I tried KODI on windows but had terrible playback performance so I tried KodiBuntu and it seemed a lot better but still happens, so this remains unresolved.

I have a GTX650 Nvidia card connected to a sony STRDN1040 reciever via HDMI and then out to a Samsung LED TV via HDMI also. I have passthrough audio selected and match refresh rate to always.

- Initially this was happening with a GT430 video card so I swapped it with the GTX650, same problem.
- Replaced all the HDMI cables
- Tried different ports
- Tried with pulse 8 adapter removed.

Still had the same problem. Strangely this has only become a problem recently.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Log File...
http://xbmclogs.com/p0r0lep4o#line-1498
Does it happen only with m2ts files?
And please post snippet of your file so i can test it.

Bibi
(2016-02-05, 23:21)bibi Wrote: Does it happen only with m2ts files?
And please post snippet of your file so i can test it.

Bibi

Thanks Bibi, It does it on MKV's as well not only m2ts. It also works sometimes and then plays up others, intermittent.

I tried to take a snippet but it lost the HD audio tracks. Is there any particular software / method I should follow.

Thanks,
Ok for the snippet, no idea how to do but you should fink how to do it using google.

First, you should disable passthrough, you dont need it at all.
Then, do you use"pause when refresh rate change ".
Does it happen without vdpau activate ?

Wich version do you use?
(2016-02-06, 13:54)bibi Wrote: Ok for the snippet, no idea how to do but you should fink how to do it using google.

First, you should disable passthrough, you dont need it at all.
Then, do you use"pause when refresh rate change ".
Does it happen without vdpau activate ?

Wich version do you use?

Yeah I went down the google route, I'll keep trying things.

As for the version i'm using 15.2 and I've tried 16RC1 with the same result. I've had it on Kodibuntu and openelec and ubuntu. I've tried the pause video thing and extended the time. Still happens.

Why wouldn't I want to use passthrough, I thought that was the point of a good receiver.

I'm pretty close to binning the whole thing and buying a NUC.

Thanks,
You use passthrough on raspberry because you dont have the power to do it on it.
For a computer, it s the same quality to decode or to enable passthrough, except that kodi has better control when it decodes. Look for Fritsch posts to understand it better.
A good receiver is a receiver which produce good sound, with isnt limited in power... nothing to do with passtrough.
The legend about passthrough comes from the fact that Kodi doesnt decode Dts-hd so if you want it you have to enable passthrough, but only for it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Refresh Rate change results in flashing screen and loss of audio -- Help0