Alarmclock doesn't work in Jarvis
(2016-02-03, 01:57)jurialmunkey Wrote: Actually think I've solved this.

Solution for future reference: Calling ReloadSkin() will force the skin settings to save to file.

I also use the ReloadSkin(), because it's now the only way to save data.
But still remains a problem with new engine, for example I have a lot trouble with Skin.SetString and AlarmClock(name,command,time[,silent,loop])
Frankly I do not know why
From what I know Alarmclock doesn't work in Jarvis. My skin was experiencing lots of crashes by users with Jarvis betas and with the help of BobCratchet it was found that after commenting out the various Alarmclocks that the crashing / freezing stopped. But it could also still be a skin issue and the use of Alamclock as well?
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
Smile 
(2016-02-03, 12:04)Mike_Doc Wrote: From what I know Alarmclock doesn't work in Jarvis. My skin was experiencing lots of crashes by users with Jarvis betas and with the help of BobCratchet it was found that after commenting out the various Alarmclocks that the crashing / freezing stopped. But it could also still be a skin issue and the use of Alamclock as well?

Thanks, Mike_Doc for the information.
Now I can put my project xone in trash or to start all from the beginning.Blush
I use Alarmclocks on Jarvis and they work?
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
debug logs?
crash logs?
skin code?
steps to reproduce?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2016-02-03, 22:54)ronie Wrote: debug logs?
crash logs?
skin code?
steps to reproduce?

HI, ronie

I did not think anything bad about, new kodi engine.
I will not bother with my project, anyway I need to upgrade skin codes.
Codes are two years old for sure and skin require a change.

Best regards
http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16415 <- Ticket created when the MadNox hangs were first traced back to the AlarmClocks Smile
(2016-02-03, 12:04)Mike_Doc Wrote: From what I know Alarmclock doesn't work in Jarvis. My skin was experiencing lots of crashes by users with Jarvis betas and with the help of BobCratchet it was found that after commenting out the various Alarmclocks that the crashing / freezing stopped. But it could also still be a skin issue and the use of Alamclock as well?

You need to put your alarmclocks as onfocus actions on a button.
The crashing will occur if you put them directly in the onload tags.

Found this out too myself the hard way...

So, something like this:

<window>
<defaultcontrol always="true">1000</defaultcontrol>
<controls>
<control type="button" id="1000">
<description>hidden button for onload actions as placing them in onload causes strange behaviour</description>
<onfocus>AlarmClock(SpotlightWidgetRotate,Control.Move(1508,1),00:20,silent,loop)</onfocus>
<onfocus>SetFocus(300)</onfocus>
<texturenofocus>-</texturenofocus>
<texturefocus>-</texturefocus>
<visible allowhiddenfocus="true">false</visible>
</control>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Alarmclock doesn't work in Jarvis0