WMC PVR Fire TV Client No Sleep
Not sure if I should post this in the Android area or here, but I thought I would try the WMC area first. So I have a WMC Server that is running Kodi with WMC PVR add-on running fine. The server will wake when I press my remote and go to sleep after the allotted amount of time (5 minutes) has passed with no interaction. I also have two fire TVs upstairs which go to sleep after a certain amount of time (white power light is off, etc.) The problem I have is that if the clients are running at all (in sleep or not) then my server will stay awake. This does not happen if Live TV is not enabled on the Fire TV Clients.
I think it could be that the Fire TV is not sleeping in a state that Kodi WMC server would think that the client is no longer in use, but then why would it sleep if Live TV was not enabled? I appreciate any help I can get on this.

Here is the debug log but I had to cut off the beginning since it was too large. Let me know if you need any other parts of it.

http://pastebin.com/sTR5hfuW

Thanks
I think this might be happening because when live-tv is enabled the fire-tv has opened the shares on the server and that stops the server from going to sleep - and that this is persisting even when the firetv is asleep.

When you think the server should be able to sleep (because the ftv's are sleeping), then open a cmd window on your server as administrator and type:
powercfg -requests

it will show you what is stopping your computer from sleeping.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
I have done that and it is saying the network is keeping it on, that a client is access shares, etc. I think my only option right now is to quit out of Kodi from the clients. Let me know if I have any other options. Thanks for the reply.
Same behavior with my systems (PC W7 + FireTV + "normal" Android Tablet)
When on Tablet or FireTv Kodi is not closed by the Exit Button within Kodi, the PC doesn't enter sleep mode.

Could a watchdog within the WMC PVR add-on end this nasty behavior?

And: do the other PVR add-ons have similar behaviors?
Are you seeing that the reason your server is not going to sleep is (using powercfg):
[DRIVER] \filesystem\srvnet
?

If so, I think this can be changed in the config of the server machine.

As for other pvr addons I don't know.
When I added my RPI2 to the network and set up ServerWMC some part of the setup changed my WakeOnLan settings for my WMC server. And, since the Pi never sleeps, suddenly I couldn't put the server to sleep either. Running Powercfg -lastwake confirmed that my NIC was indeed keeping the system awake. I had to go into the NIC's properties and turn off the Wake On Lan option and suddenly the system would sleep again.

I added a scheduled task to wake the system at like 4AM so I can watch the morning news in the bedroom on my Pi, then the system naturally goes to sleep on it's own a couple of hours later. HTH.
@krustyreturns:
Sorry for delay. My free access to the TV / HTPC is limited by family. Wink

I need more information, what to do: using powercfg in the command line (cmd) with witch option?

My idea, that the PVR addon prevents the sleep mode, is/was supported by the list of "Clients online" in the addon. - The "improper" closed Kodi of the Tablet where listed. And I could reproduce it.
But I did not an extended/intensive testing.

My goal is to remove the PC from the living room, but not if it will stay on power 24h per day.

@sandlea:
I see, you use a timer instead of WOL.
Starting the "server" at 19:00 with 1-2h till suspend. On weekend also at 13:00 for the kids. Hmm, not perfect, but would work. Maybe I should go that way instead of inquiring changes.
Only, after recording, it would also take the 1-2h till suspend. Hmm.
@wmcler
run cmd as administrator
then:
powercfg -requests
Ok, got it. What I've done:
PC powered on and waited if it goes to sleep after 5 min -it does.
Started Kodi on my Android Tabled. - WOL works fine.
Waited for loading EPG, recorded files...
Switched to live tv, watched for 10-20 seconds
Switched Android to the list of opened Apps (or what it is called) and closed Kodi by swiping.
6 or more minutes later the PC didn't go to sleep.

Answer of powercfg -requests:
----
DISPLAY:
Keine.

SYSTEM:
[DRIVER] \FileSystem\srvnet
Von einem aktiven Remoteclient wurden kürzlich Anfragen an diesen Computer gesendet.

AWAYMODE:
Keine.
---
As it is German, here my try of translation:
"Keine" => "None"

[DRIVER] \FileSystem\srvnet
"Von einem..."
=>
"From a active remote client requests have been send to this computer not long ago."
Just for full information:

Restarting Kodi on the tablet, then closing Kodi with it's build in exit button, allows the PC to enter sleep mode.
Thanks. \FileSystem\srvnet means the computer is not going to sleep because the FireTV has opened the shared folder on the server - like we thought. This is a common issue, so if you just google this '\FileSystem\srvnet' and 'sleep' mode you'll find a number of different ways to attack it by changing settings on the server. If you find one that works well for you - or if you don't find have any success - let me know.
What I found was:

powercfg -requestsoverride DRIVER \FileSystem\srvnet system

This is for ignorig the srvnet request from remote client, in sense off preventing sleep mode.
( Nevertheless it is still there, will be listed by "powercfg -requests")
It is a permanet setting, after reboot still (again?) set. You can check it by

powercfg -requestsoverride

In order to restore the option use

powercfg -requestsoverride DRIVER \FileSystem\srvnet

admin privilege is required.
This is done, and seems to work, on my W7 system (limited testing, socket 775, G41).
Just for information, additional comments:

For usability, as copy/paste to cmd doesn't work on my system:
copy/paste the command into a .txt-file (=>notepad), add in a second line
pause
Save, close and change it to .bat instead off .txt
Now right mouse button, execute with admin privilege, done.
---
Further details, not tested:
I saw some postings, the option has to start with / instead of - . Maybe this is valid for W8/W10 systems?
One noticed it is necessary to put "DRIVER" with big letters.
Someone else used
-requestsoverride DRIVER "\FileSystem\srvnet" System Awaymode
Another used
-requestsoverride DRIVER srvnet System
and some combinations of that, don't know why.
@krustyreturns:

Thanks a lot for putting me in the right direction.

Also thanks for the WMC PVR addon.
@wmcler,

Thanks for following up and for the valuable info. I would up your reputation but you don't have enough posts. So all I can say is: thanks again Smile.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WMC PVR Fire TV Client No Sleep0