OSX/ KODI Boot
Hello,

I have used XBMC on OSX/Android/Windows and XBMCUbuntu and have decided to finally build my own HTPC.

I would like to be able to program unix to understand which key I press on the remote in order to boot to whichever system. Like the top of a cable/dish remote, where you can choose to power on the tv/cable box/AUX etc....
I understand that Kodi is an application and not an operating system, which means in order to achieve this I would need other software such as openelec to use as a platform. Or to code a way to direct boot Kodi using OSX instead of an openelec.

Example: Button A starts/shutdown Hackintosh
Button B Starts/shutdown Kodi
Hardware is not the issue besides the remote

Is this possible?
The only practical way I can think of would be to use a Flirc as the IR receiver. The Flirc is programmed directly on the device and then presents itself as a keyboard, so it will work in any OS and even on a boot selection screen, such as rEFInd.
Hey Ned,

Thanks for the reply! Yea, I was told about this by a friend a little while ago but forgot what it was called. Thanks! Now I just need to figure out how to program the computer to recognize which key I press in order to start either Kodi or boot to main Mac screen. Any ideas?
I have a Mac Mini and use the autostart function for Kodi.
For you i recommend to start OS X and then Kodi via remote. And for that: Remote Buddy works very well with the Apple Remote.

Take a look: https://www.iospirit.com/products/remotebuddy/
1st: Mac Mini: Intel i5 2,6Ghz - 8Gb Ram - Intel Iris - 1Tb - MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3 - Kodi 19.0 - MySQL 8.0.13 (Server)
2nd: iMac 27": Intel i5 2,8Ghz - 12Gb Ram - AMD 5750 1024Mb GFX - 1Tb SSD - MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 - Kodi 19.0 - MySQL (Client)
3rd: Some Rasperries 
Server: Synology 916+

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSX/ KODI Boot0