Amazon Store vs Google Play
Hello,

I have installed Kodi from Amazon.com App store. It was 14.2 beta. Since Amazon was not posting any updates and I noticed that Kodi is now available on Google Play I was thinking of updating it. But I was unable to.

First I tried a simple update from Google play, then I tried downloading the apk from kodi site, neither worked.

I decided to uninstall from Amazon first, but still no success. Now it tels me that someone instead an incompatible version.

I am wondering if it is a question about a signature being the issue. Is there a way to do a fresh install without having to factory reset my device?

Thanks.
Kodi isn't in the Amazon appstore - it famously got pulled as they wrongly believed we were an advocate and gateway for piracy. So it's highly ironic that the one you found there is in there, but it's not by any means an official one and would need to be removed from there (as a separate issue, unrelated to this discussions).

What I'd recommend you do is completely remove any "Kodi" app you got from Amazon, and then use either the Play Store if you have access to it, or sideload the apk

What device and version of Android are you running? If it's a fire TV or fire stick then there are some details on how to do a sideload install on the Kodi wiki (FireTV (wiki) and pages linked from it). If something else then it's along similar lines.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Just a thought - if you're running android 4.0 (ICS) then 14.2 is (I think) the latest kodi that will install.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Store vs Google Play0