addons / temp / userdata - custom locations
I have a suggestion.

With Linux you can and I take it with MAC OSX use symbolic links, make links etc and with Windows with windows folder shortcuts take the addons, temp and user data and move them to a different partition, then create the symbolic links, move the symbolic links back to the ~/.kodi folder for linux for mac /Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/Kodi or windows Start - type %APPDATA%\kodi *press <Enter>* and rename them back to their original names addons, temp, userdata.

This allows you then if you want to re install kodi without a headache of using a back up etc, delete the symbolic links. Un install kodi, re install and then do this again in a FLASH. No trouble. Then if you use a back up program on those folders on different partition say Deja Dup for Ubuntu/Linux or just .rar or .zip that up

What I do is put them in a folder called Kodi and then book mark them on Linux so its accessible through the file browser ie nautilus. Also a kodi_bkup folder where the back up resides as I actually back up with Deja Dup and also a .rar back up and store the .rar back up on a usb key out the way from time to time.

Right my suggestion:

Have a function in the system settings of Kodi to allow for custom location paths for all platforms for these 3 folder paths i.e. the ability to browser for all 3 folders in 3 separate browser sections in say a 'custom data locations' section, then each one having its own browse function to point to a new folder.

Also as part of my suggestion, I suggest to allow to move the folders to new destination.

Now if this function was in place over all platforms on first install you could then move those folders to new locations, and also as part of my suggestion I suggest in future as tech gets faster and speeds of networking get faster being able to do that over network places etc

That is all. Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
addons / temp / userdata - custom locations1