Help needed with an MXQ TV Box
Hello,

I have recently purchased an MXQ Android TV Box and I've been having a lot of issues with it, the BOX always freezes at the MXQ Logo, the MBOX Make your life colorful logo
or after about 30-90 seconds after it got into the menu. I tried restarting by unpluging and pluging the box in again at least 50 times so far and from all those tries
the box worked between 10 seconds for up to about 2 minutes. Except twice, it actually worked for at least 20-30 minutes without freezing at all, everything worked as it
should, I was able to play videos, use wifi, play stuff on youtube, browse on the internet, etc... in the end I even turned the box off without issues, but thats it, apart
from these 2 occasions the box always failed to work properly without completely freezing.

I tried using a different HDMI cable, turned off the wifi, clearing cache and doing factory reset in recovery mode, neither of these things helped.

The specifications for the box provided by the seller are:

Model: HD18Q
CPU: Amlogic S805 Quad-Core 1.5GHz (Cortex-A5)
GPU: Quad-Core Mali-450 GPU
RAM: 1G DDR3
Storage: 8GB

This is the box I have:

These are the specifications from the screenshot I made in the menu:

And this is the screenshot from inside the Box:

I would really appreciate if someone could help me out.

Thanks
Just curious why didnt you ask MXQ ?
(2016-02-04, 17:30)NEOhidra Wrote: Just curious why didnt you ask MXQ ?

I ordered the Box from Ebay, contacted the seller and he told me to try with a different HDMI cable, when that didn't work he asked me if I could try to fix the issue on my end...
This is a hardware issue and not a Kodi issue.

I would try to return it to the seller but you seem to have taken it apart for some reason?
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
(2016-02-04, 17:57)Dangelus Wrote: This is a hardware issue and not a Kodi issue.

I would try to return it to the seller but you seem to have taken it apart for some reason?

I was told that the issue was most likely because of the ROM being corrupted or something like that, and inside the Box there's a number to identify which BOX it is exactly so I could flash a new ROM on it, but if the issue is hardware related I guess I was wrong... I opened up the BOX just to take a picture, can this cause an issue if I try to return it and getting it replaced ?
Did u go ahead and flash it? It's possible it's just buggy as can be due to junk firmware. Freaktab website provides help for those boxes.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2016-02-04, 18:16)Leonidis Wrote:
(2016-02-04, 17:57)Dangelus Wrote: This is a hardware issue and not a Kodi issue.

I was told that the issue was most likely because of the ROM being corrupted or something like that, and inside the Box there's a number to identify which BOX it is exactly so I could flash a new ROM on it, but if the issue is hardware related I guess I was wrong... I opened up the BOX just to take a picture, can this cause an issue if I try to return it and getting it replaced ?

cut your losses and just return the box to the ebay seller. he obviously does not care since he has your money already.
And then, buy a proper Android box, like the Wetek Core or Nvidia Shield, or Nexus Player, not these Chinese pieces of shit that don't even have a manufacturer website for gods sake.
Return the piece of junk to the seller and hope you can get your money back....Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help needed with an MXQ TV Box0