Android OTT M8 with Android 4.4.2 (K200) with Kodi 15.2 - No Audio playing 5.1 videos
Hello,

I've been searching the forums and internet on this issue for a while, but haven't found any solution. Whenever I play/stream any video files from Kodi with Dolby Digital 5.1 encoding, no audio is produced and it renders the whole system audioless - even after killing the kodi app and re-try playing/streaming files with 2.0 audio channel files. I always have to do a hard reset (pull the plug on my android tv box) and find/play non-5.1 files to hear audio again. Has anyone experienced this before? Appreciate your help in advance.

Here's my setup:
OTT M8 Android box: 4.4.2 - K200
Kodi 15.2 Installed
Samsung Sound Bar (HW-J550 2.1 Channel) setup with digital optical connection (Audio Processing for the sound bar is DTS 2 Ch, and Dolby Digital 2 Channel.)

Configuration: Within Kodi, I have tried with and without "Enable Passthrough, and still no luck"

Ref: http://www.samsung.com/us/video/home-audio/HW-J550/ZA

Please let me know if you need anything else, thank you!
(2016-02-05, 22:51)kinnyleafs Wrote: Hello,

I've been searching the forums and internet on this issue for a while, but haven't found any solution. Whenever I play/stream any video files from Kodi with Dolby Digital 5.1 encoding, no audio is produced and it renders the whole system audioless - even after killing the kodi app and re-try playing/streaming files with 2.0 audio channel files. I always have to do a hard reset (pull the plug on my android tv box) and find/play non-5.1 files to hear audio again. Has anyone experienced this before? Appreciate your help in advance.

Here's my setup:
OTT M8 Android box: 4.4.2 - K200
Kodi 15.2 Installed
Samsung Sound Bar (HW-J550 2.1 Channel) setup with digital optical connection (Audio Processing for the sound bar is DTS 2 Ch, and Dolby Digital 2 Channel.)

Configuration: Within Kodi, I have tried with and without "Enable Passthrough, and still no luck"

Ref: http://www.samsung.com/us/video/home-audio/HW-J550/ZA

Please let me know if you need anything else, thank you!

Kodi doesn't support pass-through audio on AMLogic devices like the M8.
You will have to ask Koying or wait for his SPMC Jarvis build that might help.
Thanks mo123.

How can I reach out to Koying or what do you mean by SPMC Jarvis build?

Also, considering i'm using digital optical audio connection at this moment, do you think switching to HDMI connection will resolve my issue? Is HDMI simply better compared to D.Out?

Thank you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OTT M8 with Android 4.4.2 (K200) with Kodi 15.2 - No Audio playing 5.1 videos0