How do I add movies from another computer?
So I want to setup my living room htpc to be able to watch our movies which are stored on another computer. I've tried googling and looking on YouTube and must be using the wrong search terms because I can't find anything. All I find is how to add to your library with movies that are already on my computer and not from another one.
http://etc.usf.edu/techease/win/files-sh...e-network/

After that scrape or point your source to that shared folder.
Adding_video_sources (wiki) and File_sharing (wiki)
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L
Assuming you're using Windows and the other computer is within your network...
Videos, add videos, Browse, Windows Network (SMB), your other computer/drive/folder
If you dont see the other computer/drive/folder, from the other, right-click the folder you want to share, Properties, share tab, advanced share button, click share this folder,then under click autorisations, then click full control
Thanks everyone for the help. Once I have time this week I'll try it out and see which works. I might not get a chance this week until the weekend.
Ok I need help. I tried using home group to share my drive and it keeps having an issue where it wants to share my video,music, or photo folders which are empty. My movies are an a separate drive labeled E. I shared the drive like mfu95 said and that worked. The drive now shows up in my network and I can watch movies and shows from my computer just fine. The problem is with Kodi and trying to get it to find that drive. I've tried nfs and smb and none of it brings up the network or file. This is something new to me. Before my media was all on one system now I have a computer that I've made my media server and this is all new for me.
So I figured out how to get my different folders to show up in the ad videos section. But I forgot that the way I have things set up I use smart playlists with Aeon nox. I'm trying to create a smart playlist but I can't get it to find my network folder now. I've tried typing in the whole path using the options "path contains" and then type out the whole path manually and it doesn't work show up. It's only showing the main computer and not my network. But when I try and just add videos I'm able to find the path for my network. What should I be doing to make a smart playlist for my network?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I add movies from another computer?0