v16 Choppy library when scrolling through movies
Since Kodi 16 beta 4 I have this issue with the Movies library when I hold down Up or Down buttons to scroll it is very choppy. Fast scrolling usually results in images not being displayed for few seconds and a bit of lag before it shows the next row. Every version of Jarvis released after beta 4 has the same issue. I install the new version try it then go back to beta 4 which works fine. I normally run it in full screen, window mode but tried different settings and nothing helped. I run Kodi on Windows 10 64bit i5 CPU with 8 GB RAM, Nvidia with the latest drivers. Also have SSD as the main drive. I have about 2500 movies in the library. Also noticed the scrolling in TV Shows library with 100 TV shows is a little choppy. I've seen someone else had the same issue and posted a comment on the main Kodi site. I think it was under Kodi 16 RC1 release but no one replayed to it.
Ive had this in the past and it boiled down to a nvidia driver, do you have an nvidia gpu?
(2016-02-06, 17:40)Derek Wrote: Ive had this in the past and it boiled down to a nvidia driver, do you have an nvidia gpu?

Yes I do. I updated the driver yesterday so it's up to date now. Still only happens with any Kodi 16 beta 4 or later. So I had to roll back again to beta 4 and all works fine again. It may be the nvidia driver but also something has changed in beta 5 that's now contributing to this issue.
When you say beta 5 you mean RC3? Also i've noticed a slight problem with 361.75 i'm gona roll back one driver as that was flawless.
(2016-02-07, 16:55)Derek Wrote: When you say beta 5 you mean RC3? Also i've noticed a slight problem with 361.75 i'm gona roll back one driver as that was flawless.

The last build that works fine for me is Jarvis beta 4 (December release). Any later version including beta 5 (January) and rc1, rc2 and rc3 (February) have this issue with the scrolling. if i get a chance I will try to use Intel onboard video instead of my Nvidia card to see if it makes any difference.
or try a portable install see if its a setting or addon thats causing it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Choppy library when scrolling through movies0