v15 Audio codec details
Playing music tracks on their own.
For those of us who are too deaf to tell - how does one tell what codec type, sampling frequency, bit depth and number of channels are being played.
This is in regards to the Music section as we have everything one needs to know in Video by means of a single click of the remote. Nothing like this seems to exist in Music category.

RGDS
(2016-02-06, 09:45)astropolak Wrote: Playing music tracks on their own.
For those of us who are too deaf to tell - how does one tell what codec type, sampling frequency, bit depth and number of channels are being played.
This is in regards to the Music section as we have everything one needs to know in Video by means of a single click of the remote. Nothing like this seems to exist in Music category.

RGDS

Play the audio file and press the O key whilst it is playing.
(2016-02-09, 01:54)J876 Wrote:
(2016-02-06, 09:45)astropolak Wrote: Playing music tracks on their own.

RGDS

Play the audio file and press the O key whilst it is playing.

Hi, thank you for responding..., tried that and the "o" key (keyboard used) does exactly nothing.
Does it work for you ? Perhaps you can help me with the extract from the kodi log so I can see how its mapped ?
Were you playing music fullscreen when you pressed 'o'? Try pressing TAB first.
(2016-02-10, 01:02)popcornmix Wrote: Were you playing music fullscreen when you pressed 'o'? Try pressing TAB first.

Hi

Yes the music is being played full screen..

BTW I am on Kodi 16 RC3..., never worked for me in earlier releases either...
(2016-02-10, 01:02)popcornmix Wrote: Were you playing music fullscreen when you pressed 'o'? Try pressing TAB first.

Thank you popcornmix, I forgot about the fullscreen part.

Thank you very muchly..., it turns out I did not know what a "fullscreen" actually means.Blush
Would it be useful to add into menu option somewhere a button when on full screen that users would be able to use "o" without keyboard attached from just a menu?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio codec details0