Bug Video Becomes Jerky after long pause
Hi All

Ive noticed that if a video (either streaming or local file) is left paused for a long time (eg. overnight) all videos (streaming or local) become jerky (like frame repeats every seconds). It seems to get worse the longer it is left paused (I think the longest a video was paused was over a weekend, and it was very bad). This problem persists no matter what - restart payback. Stop. start a new file etc.

The only way Ive found to fix it is to exit Kodi and relaunch.

This problem does not occur just leaving the system on while not playing a video. If it is left on the menu then no problems occur.

System = Windows 10, Intel i3 (Asus Vivo Mini), 4gb ram.
I only ever watch locally stored files or BBC iPlayer using the iPlayerWWW add-on (I am based in the UK).
The question is why are you pausing videos for so long? Both on local media and the iPlayer add-on Kodi will remember your position.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
This often happens with kids tv - it gets paused for bed time and left overnight. Come back in the morning and kodi needs a restart.
Perhaps it is a bug. The best course of action if you want to try and help identify the issue in hopes of a fix would be to initiate debug logging, replicate the issue then publish your debug log on this thread.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
no version defined, no Debug Log provided -> no problem
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Kodi 15.2 Isengard
Log forthcoming...
Well you might as well try v16 as we can't really help with v15 anyway
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help