OS X Can't Minimize Window or use Full Screen Mode
I have two bugs/issues which have carried through from Isengard to Jarvis RC3 (Although I don't recall either issue before El Capitan)

1. Firstly, if I press the green button for full screen mode - the application window remains the same size with a white border or border full of graphical artifacts
http://pastebin.com/2mLkHLwG
http://imgur.com/wE3sybV

2. If I minimize the Kodi window at any time, then try and restore it the UI is always completely frozen (have to force quit and restart whenever I minimize). This one is extremely frustrating if I pause a video, minimize the window, and I can never resume watching without killing the application
http://pastebin.com/5U333VdL

I have tried deleting the entire kodi folder in (~/Library/Application Support) to simulate a clean installation and update to latest possible graphics drivers

This behaviour occurs regardless of whether I have my NVIDIA or Intel GPU active on a rMBP15 machine
1. instead of pressing the green button - use cmd + f to fullscreen kodi. Osx fullscreen mode is not supported and behaves like you said (and its not easy to support this due to lack of osx developer resources/manpower).

2. I can't reproduce the second issue here (i am on 10.10.5 though - not el capitan). But i also don't have a dual GPU macbook (which could be an issue aswell here).

The log you posted for the second issue shows a clean shutdown - that can't be right ... i need the kodi.log.old in the case of the freeze i guess because you need to force quit kodi in that situation ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
thanks for your response, that is understandable about the first issue

regarding the second one, im not sure if the application itself knows it is frozen
so actually it does close normally and if i am playing audio it continues to play
but whatever was displayed on the kodi interface when minimize was pressed is held fixed on the screen
such that i can hear any commands issued (with GUI sounds enabled) and if I click areas were I expect buttons to be it performs those actions but again nothing changes in terms of what is displayed in the kodi UI

video
thats definitly due to the dual gpu thingy ... no clue what i can tell you here - kodi itself is not frozen - only the gui rendering doesn't work anymore (and kodi has no clue that there is even a problem) - any chance to get rid of that minimizing use case? (maybe go to window mode and simply leave kodi in the background...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't Minimize Window or use Full Screen Mode0