Accessing .srt subtitles through FTP server
I have set a Filezilla FTP server on my local machine, which I've made accessible outside the local network via Dynamic DNS. I was wondering if there is a way to use files from a folder inside the FTP server (through the "Browse for subtitle" feature) directly. I've tried setting the custom subtitle folder to the one in my FTP server, but I don't see any option for that. Only for local drives, smb, UPnP, zeroconf etc.

Am I missing something?

PS. On the contrary, I've managed to add my FTP server as a source in the file manager succesfully, for installing .zip files .etc
I'm back after some experimenting. I've managed to add the FTP as a network location and set it as a Custom subtitle folder. The thing is, that now even the subtitles I download off the subtitles addons are stored on my FTP. That's not a problem when I'm watching movies on my PC, but if I set this FTP location as a custom subtitle folder to a friend's PC, he wouldn't me able to download any subtitles if my home PC (or just the server) is offline.

What I was hoping to be able to do is set a local folder to my friend's PC and then when browsing for a subtitle I would navigate up the file tree and browse through the network location. Unfortunately, if I set the custom subtitle folder to be D:\Subtitles for example, browse for a subtitle and go up a level, I get only one option for "Movie & alternate subtitle directory"..

Is there any other workaround?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Accessing .srt subtitles through FTP server0