Freezing on Clean Library
(2016-02-07, 19:20)PatK Wrote: If you want to get the attention of the devs, you'll have to include Kodi 17 in the title.

Using Kodi K17 Alpha and you didn't mention 75% of what? The ice broke, the program loaded, frozen at what level...

You want stable, download the official stable version.

Library cleaning has been painfully slow since V15, all version right up until tomorrows nightly.....so no, there shouldn't be any need to mention what version.

Is this part of the new plan to leave known problems and just move on to the next version?
hehehe yeah thats how all software works, did you work for Microsoft previously to get this attitude?

If you dont raise tickets and post logs/dumps etc how do you expect to get things fixed unless the devs have a neural interface that just knows the problems your having when you b1tch to yourself.
Quote:Is this part of the new plan to leave known problems and just move on to the next version?

I don't think library cleaning has changed much over the last few iterations from a few years back. You'll find that a fresh install and local scrape will put a spank on clean. Libraries with issues take time.

Paragraph lifted from the Blog out of context, for all to see.

written by Martijn FTA:

Some of you commented on several occasion that we should first fix the “known problems” in our previous versions before jumping to the next one. The fact is that fixing those problems correctly is such an undertaking that we simply can’t keep working on the previous one. Our team vision is to keep moving forward and along the way release version for users to use and enjoy that are considered stable enough. We don’t force people to upgrade so if you like an older Kodi version for some reason just keep using it. This vision is known as Release Early Release Often (RERO) on which we’ll make a more in depth review soon.

It would seem to be a good approach to achieve better and higher goals, I see nothing major in all what ails in the forums.
I like this approach as theres never anything so detrimental that cant be worked around when the new releasees come and i think if we were still on v12 people would complain about that no?

I need to learn from PatK to be more tolerant in my responses he always has a way with words but maybe its a Scottish thing just as well i cant head butt you lol Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Freezing on Clean Library0