[split] [APPLE TV 4] error when compiling manually
hmm i get this error while trying to compile it manually:
No matching provisioning profiles found: No provisioning profiles with a valid signing identity (i.e. certificate and private key pair) matching the bundle identifier “org.xbmc.kodi-tvos” were found.
yes you need to change the id - this is out of scope of this thread - more suitable for the ios app signer thread maybe ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Until a change is made in the source code for Kodi you have to make a couple changes in code...

First off, you have to change the bundle identifier from org.xmc.kodi-tvos to something unique

This is under the main project settings in Xcode for both the Kodi-TVOS and TVOSTopShelf targets

Then, go into the capabilities tab and then expand App Groups... uncheck group.org.xbmc.shared

You then need to create a new app group, you can call it whatever you want but it has to be unique as well (in the format of group.*)

Then you need to modify the following files so that group.org.xbmc.shared is replaced with the security group ID that you created
  • xbmc/platform/darwin/tvos/TopShelf/ServiceProvider.m, lines 48, and 53
  • xbmc/platform/darwin/tvos/TVOSTopShelf.mm, lines 70, and 73

Do note, these line numbers will most likely change as development goes on... but that's where they are as of this post

And memphiz, feel free to correct me if there's any errors in these instructions... (I've never compiled the tvOS version myself...)
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
If you don't care about the top shelf (sounds like it's buggy in its current state anyways) see the iOS App Signer thread for details
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
your description is perfectly correct ... and luckily superfluous by now (i mean the source code changes - the rest is still valid of course...) - thx to DanTheMan827 Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
In other words, all my installed plugins and customizations will be gone? Does someone has an idea?
This thread has been obsoleted, iOS App Signer can properly sign the new app

Although, if you have a paid developer account and you signed the previous version with a wildcard profile you will have to change the ID to get the top shelf working

I'm closing this thread now...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] [APPLE TV 4] error when compiling manually0