v16 JARVIS RC3 Windows 10 DXVA gamma issue
Hm, there's no Catalyst Control Center, as I'm using a legacy driver with Win 10. Only way to configure is via registry then Wink
Anyway I just thought, that maybe it would be possible to see in the logs why the issue occurs. As stated before using the same driver in Win7 and kodi results in correct display. Also using other DXVA renderes in Win 10 gives correct results, only kodi's DXVA gives me a brighter image.

If there's nothing in the logs, I'll probably need a H/W upgrade so that I can use current drivers. I will go for NVIDIA then.
Try to find a tool to configure driver.
I never find it advantageous to run a legacy built in driver, cant you install a real driver with control panel it may just solve your woes?
I have the same issue and i am using the internal intel hd 530 graphics from a core i5 6600 in Windows 10.

If i select hardware decoding the image is too bright. Changing settings in the intel control panel does not fix the problem. Only software decoding is producing a correct black in the rendered movies.

if a developer can specify settings i can test it and post a debug log.
I can confirm this as well on two different computers. First comp is running Jarvis 16.0 final on Win7 + Radeon HD 6450 and second one Jarvis 16.0 final on Windows Server 2008R2 + Radeon HD 6450. Both with same gamma issue under DXVA2.
I can confrim that too on Win7 machine with AMD HD6870 graphic card. This problem occured with 16.0 installation. Actually I'm sitting with the Kodi 14.2 as there is no problems with that if DXVA is selected. And besides that also some other features are working in 14.2 while Kodi 16 has a bug (windows screensaver related problem).

Also all other video player programs have correct brigthness if used with DXVA enabled. Only Kodi 16.0 has this problem with way too bright picture if DXVA is selected. Brigtness is correct on Kodi 16 if Software rendering is selected in Kodi.

best, d.
Hi!
I have the same problem, described at header of this topic - with enabled dxva decoding in kodi black is grey, with disabled and on other players (Potplayer) all is fine!
My config: Win7, Kodi 16.1, Asrock QC5000-ITX with Radeon HD8330 and last drivers.
Is there way to resolve problem?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
JARVIS RC3 Windows 10 DXVA gamma issue0