[BUG] ? profile change and menu links
Just want to check if anyone else experiences this?

Clean kodi install, no add ons, no skin etc.

I have created 3 profiles, the master user is left untouched, it only has the sources added, no library; i have setup a home, guest and kids profile.

For some reason SOMETIMES when i change profiles and then click on for example the movies menu it will go to the videos page highlighting playlist or tv shows or movies menu. If i click escape from there and click the movies menu again it goes to the library correctly. Only happens after switching profiles (not always) and can happen in each of the 3 profiles i created. This sometimes also happens from the Tv shows menu. It also happens in the kids profile.

This isn't a huge deal for me, but it gets a bit confusing for my users with less knowledge of the system.
Using kodi 15.2, stock confluence skin in OSX el Capitan

Is anyone experiencing this? Any possible solutions that come to mind?

On a sidenote, and these might not be skin related:

I Have noticed the android and ios kodi remote app stops working (loses connection) on the login screen. Is there a known fix or workaround for this?

Also in the profiles i have locked certain aspects, for the kids profile i wanted to create a smart playlist and lock down everything except the playlist... Sadly not possible, so now i have the videos menu unlocked and placed a shortcut to the smart playlist on the home screen. The kids can still however go up in the menu and see the other movies.
Is there a way to lock everything except a playlist so in the kids profile they cannot access other movies through that smart playlist interface?

Would appreciate your insights. Thanks!
its normal that you can't control the login screen with a remote app (webserver is not running in this stage) - for the restrictions have a look at the PinSentry addon which can lock down everything you want iirc.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BUG] ? profile change and menu links0