WeTek vs RPi2
In searching for a USB ATSC tuner for the RPi2 I came across the WeTek OpenElec With ATSC Tuner.

I am new to using OTA and Kodi and am waiting for a Raspberry-Pi2 that I ordered from Amazon.ca to arrive and in the meantime have been investigating OTA and find to record OTA programs using RPi2 I need a USB ATSC tuner, but from my layman's perspective this unit seems to have both the functionality of RPi2 and an ATSC tuner in one box for a good price.

Does it have the functionality of a RPi2 and say a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-955Q in one box? And does it run Kodi effectively? Or is it simply a more elaborate version of the ATSC tuner?

EDIT - At the most I'll only be able to get 3 OTA channels. I just want to make sure that the RPi2 and probably the Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-955Q are the best for my money and circumstance.
(And reasonably priced availability in Canada - unfortunately many retailers overcharge way beyond simple exchange rates on Amazon.ca.)
RPi2 - OpenELEC v6.0.3 - Kodi v15 - HDHR Connect HDHR4-2US(CA) v2015.11.09
IMO you're better off with a rpi2, If you don't have a compatible USB tuner that works with rpi buy a hdhomerun.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to give the KWorld UB435-Q USB ATSC TV Stick with the RPi2 a try. Since at the most there are only 3 OTA channels available, I'm hoping this will give me what I need.
RPi2 - OpenELEC v6.0.3 - Kodi v15 - HDHR Connect HDHR4-2US(CA) v2015.11.09
For USB ATSC tuners this is a useful place to start. If there is kernel support in a 4.1 or earlier kernel then the Pi 2 should be OK with it. https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/ATSC_USB_Devices

The Pi 2 has very good DVB/ATSC kernel support as they are keeping up to date with kernel releases. Other devices seem stuck on quite old kernel 3.x releases which don't always have the latest drivers unless you back port.

However it looks like your suggested tuner has had kernel support since the 2.6.x kernel days - so you should be fine.

TV Headend has some ATSC support - and there are some good threads about ATSC integration with programme listings etc. (though these may be aimed at the USA rather than Canada)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek vs RPi20