Bug Player plays behind Windows view
Hi Sharp, I came across this little bug, looks like it's skin specific as I can't replicate it in the standard confluence skin.

I use a UPNP device (I'm using Playon on a window machine and the client is a openelec RPI although I don't believe this should matter) to share media.

When I navigate to the media and play it, everything works fine, however once that file has finished playing selecting the next item to play, it will result in the media being played in the background... I then have to "back up" several times to view it.... I've tested different views and they all result in the same behaviour... I also believe this happens for TVshows, although I've only tested this once so can't be 100% sure... Thinking about this logically maybe this happens for Movies as well and its just that I've never watched movies back to backHuh?

Any chance you can have a look at it when you have some spare time? If you don't have time any pointers you can give? And I see if I can dive in!!!

Thanks mate

Ash
Hi Ash

Ok I'll try and replicate - so let's say your playing a tv episode, Do you go into episode level then play an episode and once it's finished playing, select the next one? Or is this via a different set of actions? Also What version of Kodi are you on?

Cheers
Hi Sharp - yeah exactly how you describe, Kodi 15.2.
Right - ok well that doesn't seem to happen on the two machines I'm running Kodi on - A windows installation and an Android (Fire TV) installation. I'm wondering if it's exclusive to the RPI or other Openelec builds?
Hmmm yeah ok good point.... I'll check on to see if I can replicate on my Windows machine....
Ok just tested 15.2 on an old Windows laptop and I can't replicate so must be a openElec issue which is rather annoying as the standard confluence skin work ok....
Well that's something to start with. I'll have a look in confluence and see if anything different jumps out in the myvideo xml.
Hey Ash could you try dropping this into the skin's 720p folder and see if it helps?

Cheers
Thanks Sharp will try it tonight and report back.....

Edit: sorry mad day! and didn't have time to try it out, the RPI is connect to the TV in my kids room... I'm away tommorow, but will try it out Thursday
I Sharpe, just had a test, no luck unfortunately... same behaviour as previously described....

I've uploaded a video for you to see, as it appears to be OpenElec specific and i know you are unable to replicate on your devices.....

https://youtu.be/1hOfA_3aq1s
I had a bit of a google for similar issues and found this old thread on an openelec forum - sounds similar. Although why it works fine on Confluence and not BackRow escapes me.
Thanks Sharpe for the post, the solution didn't work, the issue only happens when a stream comes to the end naturally if the stop key is pressed then there's no issue....so the kids are just going to have to press the stop key before stream ends!!! No great deal.... Will ask the question on the openelec forum to see if this is still a known issue, I agree it's strange it can't be replicated on confluence - will report back if I find the answer!
This happen for me as well sometimes when I start a stream from the retrospect addon (svt play). I run kodi Ona rpi2 with the max2play image. For me it's not related to not pressing stop.
I wonder if it's pi related then?
(2016-02-15, 16:16)asplundj Wrote: This happen for me as well sometimes when I start a stream from the retrospect addon (svt play). I run kodi Ona rpi2 with the max2play image. For me it's not related to not pressing stop.

Does confluence present the same behaviour, for you ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Player plays behind Windows view0