v15 Fullscreen video changing resolution
I've had Kodi or XBMC installed on my Microserver since I first got it a few years ago and was using it fine on my TV until I upgraded it today.

I am now running Kodi 15.2 Isengard and am having an issue whereby Kodi will be fullscreen and looking good when browsing the menus but as soon you fullscreen a video it changes the resolution (goes black for a couple seconds, comes back smaller). Having had a look through the resolution list I have found that 1920 x 1080i is listed twice. When selecting one everything is the correct size, when selecting the other everything shrinks. I think the fullscreen video playback but must be auto-selecting one over the other. I then had a play about in my AMD Catalyst Centre and discovered that the desktop is fullscreen at 25Hz but when you try to bump it up to 30Hz it shrinks, as it does in Kodi. I'm therefore thinking the two 1920 x 1080i options listed are somehow related to the frequency but I could well be barking up the wrong tree.

I can't find any mention of this anywhere else online but if it has been answered before I do apologise. Any help would be most appreciated.
You shouldnt run your desktop at 25hz buddy 60hz is the way and thats why kodi will be messing with your resolutions.
Catalyst Center stores settings for each individual refresh rate, therefore you have to go through every refresh rate and adjust for overscan/underscan to make sure the sizing is correct.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fullscreen video changing resolution0