Please help with skin mod
Question 
Hi All,

First time poster, long time lurker Smile

Firstly I just want to say a big thank you to jurialmunkey for such a fantastic skin, it has played a massive part in my switch from cable tv to freeview when it came to the wife acceptance factor, the skin has made it very easy for me explain how everything works and add in features when she'd like to see something extra added.

I've now got to the point where I wanted to start modding the skin slightly more for look and feel than anything else and this if the first time I've ever looked at modding a Kodi skin, I am having a nightmare of a time trying to figure out how to hide the background on the home screen navigation bar... I figured this was just down to some kind of colour transparency but I just can't figure out how to hide it, and I'm not sure if I mod the transparency if it will negatively effect any other element...

Could some one please provide some pointers or if it's not possible then please just put me out of my misery and I'll figure something else out Smile

Thank you for any info.

R.
Hello friend.

Upload and image that show exactly what you want to hide and I will do my best to help you.
Hey xAyx, thank you for the offer of help Smile

It's the background to the home page navigation, I've highlighted it in green for the sake of clarity.

Many thanks,

R.
any time.

Includes_Home.xml line 725
Code:
<!-- <control type="image" description="BottomBG">
                <width>100%</width>
                <height>220</height>
                <bottom>0</bottom>
                <aspectratio aligny="bottom">scale</aspectratio>
                <texture colordiffuse="Background">common/bg.jpg</texture>
                <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="75" time="200" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
            </control>
            <control type="image" description="FanartOverlay">
                <width>100%</width>
                <height>220</height>
                <bottom>0</bottom>
                <aspectratio aligny="bottom">scale</aspectratio>
                <texture colordiffuse="FloorFade">common/floor.png</texture>
            </control> -->

This will remove the background from "menu style: Featured".
Thanks bud, I've done exactly that, but unfortunately the background is still there Sad

Which menu style are you on? this will effects "Featured" only.

You can upload your Includes_Home.xml?
Ahhhhh bingo.. I was on Classic, don't know why I didn't notice that!!! Thank you so much Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please help with skin mod0