Win Random PC freezes after launching Kodi
Hi All,

I have Kodi 16.0 RC3 installed on my Windows 7 PC (64 bit version, 4GB RAM, Core2 Duo E8500, Nvidia GT730).
I use a samsung TV as display connected through HDMI.
I also have a Pulse-Eight HDMI-CEC adapter, which is used to send commands to Event Ghost,
configured with a plugin-in which sends commands to Kodi.

Sometimes after launching it, Kodi randomly crashes, causing a complete PC freezing.
Then the only thing I can do is to unplug the power cable.
This happens not always. In fact usually Kodi runs fine without any issue.

Here is a log related to a freezing:
http://xbmclogs.com/pjymyreaq
I omitted the last line containing a long sequence of NUL characters.
Probably they are a consequence of the freeze.

I did also a memtest, without any resulting error.

Is anything else I can do to better debug the crash?
Any suggestion would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Could it be a PVR crash?

Have you tried a portable install without PVR or maybe thats useless if thats your use for Kodi?
Actually I could try to disable the PVR plugin. But I would be surprised if a PVR issue could produce a complete PC freezing.
Thanks.
Remeber Kodi is still RC and there are most certainly still bugs in there so anything could cause a crash, its just a suggestion; maybe a dev will come along.
Reduce the amount of add-ons you have...?
Or do a portable install without all the addons and see if the problem still exists, bet it dosent!
What I would be surprised is to see that some plugin could be responsible not only for a simple application crash, but for the complete PC freezing, which even require to unplug the power.

This severe system error would make me suspecting rather a driver issue (related to the graphics card, for instance).

Or, based on your experience, plugin issues can even causes the complete PC freezing?
Anything can cause a PC freeze really, i've had software do this in the past although drivers are more likely, do you have the latest drivers installed for your hardware or more to the point reliable drivers that are known to work with your GFX and PVR setup.

Because its intermitent thats what makes me think its an addon or something along those lines rather than a driver.

Portable install is easy, install to a seperate directory and run kodi,exe -p and it wont touch your current setup - i have 4 different setups on one machine using this method along with my real install.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Random PC freezes after launching Kodi0