Video AddOn's or maybe general Kodi Problem
Question 
Hi,

i installed Kodi yesterday for the first time, on an Amazon FireTV(1st gen).

Used adbfire to install FireStarter and after that FireStarter to download and install Kodi15.2.

Customized Kodi to my best knowledge(Language, Keyboard etc.)

Added Library for Music pointing to my NAS, works flawlessly.

Found by chance the Video Add-On for the Polish Television TVP.pl VOD in the Kodi/XBMC repository
and installed it from there.

Executing the Add-On i am able to see all the Serials offered and and can drill down to a single episode
but trying to open that stream i get an "an error has occured, Please see the error log" message.

Thinking it could be a problem of some regional restrictions, for i am living in Germany and not in Poland,
i tried another Add-On from the repository, this time for BR(Bayerischer Rundfund) Mediathek.

Same result, and also for the another Add-On also from the repository, BravoTV.

This leads me to think it maybe a general problem, maybe missing prereqs, and not related to a special Add-On.

Used Firestarter to download and install Kodi 16RC3 hoping it would solve the problem
but it did not change anything.

Using adbfire to pull the Kodi logfile to my Win10 desktop and trying to locate an error message i found
this one occuring every time i tried to open a VOD Stream

21:37:17 T:1734628944 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
Error Contents: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.tvpvod/default.py", line 107, in <module>
getPlayer(params.get('ident', None), params.get('title', None))
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.tvpvod/default.py", line 69, in getPlayer
if int(__settings__.getSetting('resolution')) == 0:
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
-->End of Python script error report<--

So what is wrong and what else can i do ? Huh

Regards
Todek1949
Hi Blush

produced a full debug log and uploaded to:

http://xbmclogs.com/pcyzli0ea

maybe this helps finding a solution.

Regards
Todek1949 Blush
Did you resolve the issue? I have the same problem.

amarch2
No, i have removed Kodi from the Fire TV.

I think it is a problem with the DRM-Chain, not a Geolocation Problem.

I installed Kodi 16 on my desktop running Win10Home(1511).

No problems, watching the Series produced by TVP.

If it is a something like Voice of Poland for instance and access is restricted to Poland
you need a VPN-Tool of course.

Todek1949 Sad
I am having the exact same issue - I tested with a VPN as well and am getting the same error
No idea, but looking at the post up-thread on python exception thrown, it looks like the add-on is looking at its settings for "resolution" and probably is getting a null string when it expects a number string (maybe something like 480 or 720). So maybe look at the add-on settings and see if you can adjust a resolution setting there.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video AddOn's or maybe general Kodi Problem0