Creating a custom Documentary menu
Please can anyone advise me in simple steps what I have to do so that I can go to the Kodi menu and have an item named "Documentary" inside which when scraped will show the all documentaries that are in my hard drive?

I have a Minix setup with 2x 4TB HD's. One drive contains a folder called Movies while the other HD contains two folders named TV, & Documentary. The TV & Movies files work perfectly within the Kodi system and I do not have a problem at all with the scraping and listing of both of them. My problem lies with trying to setup up Kodi to show the documentary's as a separate menu item. I really like to try and sort these things out myself and I have read a number of threads/Wiki/You Tubes but I just don't seem to be able to grasp the concept of what I need to do to make this work correctly.

Like the TV & Movies files, I have created a new source for the documentary files in the Video/Files area of Kodi, making sure it points to the Documentary folder in the HD. I chose the TVDB scraper when requested, and then I start asking questions.

Question 1
I have the Aeon Nox skin and have gone into System/Skin Settings and changed "Custom 1" to "Documentary". What I am not sure is what "Default select action" I should then be creating to enable the heading. What should I be doing from then onward to correctly create this new menu item named Documentary?

Question 2
Once above is done and configured, how do I define the library to update just the TV files or just the Documentation files, if they share the same scraper?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Creating a custom Documentary menu0